Image Map

Friday 11 October 2013

//I DO//

For previous installments, check out the Love Story Tab in the Left Sidebar! 


I did consider leaving our story there, but I guess in order to finish telling it I should share the actual wedding day. I don't like the emphasis on wedding days at times, I really do think they are totally serious things (they are a covenant after all!) and shouldn't be entered into lightly, but they are not everything you are working towards as a couple. 
I feel that is such a huge emphasis in our culture nowadays. 
Having the perfect wedding.


I'm not sure I would say it was the perfect wedding, but it was a day to remember and certainly perfect for us. The run up to the event was stressful, with friends to pick up from the airport (I think 50% of our guests were from out of town) so they needed to get to the places they were staying. We wanted to visit with everyone as some friends I hadn't seen since high school! Plus all the last minute wedding details to take care of. 


But the day finally arrived. 




The day before our wedding, A came into town. He had projects to finish at school so yes he didn't get there until 24 hrs before our ceremony. I don't think the best man was too impressed with this arrangement!!! lol!!! I found the rehearsal nerve-racking, in the midst of all the planning I hadn't had time to give much thought to the fact that I had to walk down as aisle full of people watching me. Without tripping or doing anything wrong. (Thank goodness I chose not to wear heels!) So I was freaking out a little at the rehearsal.



Then on our wedding day, I was so chilled out, it must have totally been God's peace. Everyone else was running around like crazy, all the bridesmaids getting dressed and I was just chilling in the dressing room dressed and ready. Then I just walked down the aisle towards my best friend. I will admit, I just looked at him the whole time, that's how I managed that walk! Same for later in the day when the power went out in the church, A and I were like oh that's ok...we'll figure it out. Same for the reception when asked how we wanted to do things, like what order....we just went with the flow. 






I had a list of God's blessings which took place during the wedding, I wanted to share them with you friends:

-We did save our first kiss, and despite A having to ask me not to giggle so he could actually kiss me, I guess it went ok. (You can read more on that here) 



- We received an abundance of gifts, and we didn't even have a place to live yet or put them all! We were blown away by everyone's generosity. 

- A huge storm passed through during the ceremony, and all I could think about with the loud thunder was how it felt like God was really present

- The power went out immediately after the ceremony & our amazing photographer just took care of everything with battery operated flashes for inside the church! We were so impressed. 



- We had chosen to have bridal party pictures outside in a cornfield, with tornado warnings happening throughout the day. Friends, that field we are staying on was completely dry! There was minimal mud on my dress to prove it. Right after we decided the pictures were probably done, we climbed back in the limo and it poured again and didn't stop during the whole reception. 





- We have incredible families and friends who love and support us so dearly, their speeches made us laugh so hard and nearly cry at times. 



- For various reasons, we ended up with no DJ and several friends graciously played our playlist, which was an incredible mix, people commented on how fun the dancing at our wedding was for several years after haha! 



- We had an amazing wedding party, so encouraging, just a blast to be with!! 

- Having so many people we know and love all in the same room, at the same time!! This will probably never happen again! 

- Seeing how God brought us through so much before we were even married gave me so much hope that He would continue to do so in the future no matter how bleak things seem! I should never doubt His ways or timing! 

AllGloriousWithin
This post is part of my 31 day series for the month of October, 
fighting through the fears and sharing the confusing passions I have. 
Hoping to figure out the bigger picture of all these interests. 

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this!! i love how you listed all the blessings from your special day! so amazing to see God's faithfulness on a relationship that is grounded in Him! And sooo cool that you mentioned feeling so much peace that day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet friend!! =) There were SO many blessings, it was incredible to see God's grace that day!!! I pray that our relationship is grounded in Him, we could always do better though =) Yes, there was absolutely peace that day which had to be totally from the Lord! =) =) Thanks for your sweet words girl! =) Much Love!

      Delete