Image Map

Saturday 26 October 2013

//Capturing Moments with My DSLR//


Sometimes I feel so clique in my passions. Making it hard for me to share them with others.
A love for Africa feels so common now. Yet my young heart didn't understand that's what was happening when I was there after High School. Before it was a 'cool' thing to have a heart for. It wasn't something I had planned for, or even longed for.
It happened when God orchestrated my being there without me even realising it would.


And if I could have stayed. I would have.




But then I never would have developed other passions I have in my life, so its probably a good thing I didn't stay in the heart of Africa. Although Africa certainly stayed in my heart.
It's been 8 years since I was there, and still I get this deep longing when I think about that trip.


I'm learning to listen to those deep heart pangs. They tell me things. Things I perhaps hadn't realised I was passionate about. They make it hard to ignore.



Art always captured my attention in school, even though I was never very talented at it. It was the class I was excited about all day when I saw it on my schedule. The one I invested the most time into. So many of my high school art projects were centered around photographs, you know the kind you have to get developed because digital images were still a dream yet to come. They just drew me in. Something about working with an image that was captured, it displayed something I could never create with my two hands and a pen. It captured and said things that I could only hope to with paints or even words.


Another thing I am passionate about (who knew I had enough things to talk about for a month! And almost have...oops!) is photography. I look back on these pictures from my trips to various places & so badly wish I could go on a journey around the globe again with my DSLR. Capturing the beauty in a more detailed way, a more skilled way.



Sneek Peek of a Dream.


I don't talk about this passion much either, because again it feels so common. Making me feel so insignificant. But reading Emily Freeman's book A Million Little Ways nudged me. Reminding me that there is always someone who will make art in the same way as you, who will do it better than you, but that is not the point. More thoughts on what I have been learning next week though. 


I have big dreams with this passion. Really big ones, and I'm still waiting for them to bear fruit, in the meantime I have been learning a lot about software, cameras, light. 
I have to want to learn it, because I have to make it a priority in an otherwise busy schedule. 


The huge blessing is that despite all the equipment I own, it was all given to me in one way or another. The Lord has given me all the tools I have needed so far to keep pursuing this passion, I own 3 DSLRs (I was given all of them, one is my new baby!), a full version of lightroom (another amazing gift!), a tripod (Christmas gift), 2 books on learning your DSLR (won in giveaways from other blogs!). The only thing I need are more memory cards because I can fill the ones I have in the space of a few hours!! haha!

I share all that to praise God, who has given me more than I deserve when it comes to this interest. For no other reason.  

Pray about your passions! You never know what He will do....



And someday I hope to figure out how the Lord will use particularly my passion for Africa, Children and Photography for His glory. Because that would make me burst! Feel alive! Feel made for what I was doing! 


AllGloriousWithin

This post is part of my 31 day series for the month of October, 
fighting through the fears and sharing the confusing passions I have. 
Hoping to figure out the bigger picture of all these interests.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love all of the discoveries you have made and wonders you have found through writing these series. I think it's beautiful that God makes people so complex, detailed and intimately wonderful, and He himself is so purely simple. Ah, I love hearing about your heart L! One day, one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are precious sweet friend!! =) I know isn't it amazing!!! How we are all so different & so able to reflect His glory in so many different ways!!
      Its just incredible!! =) =)
      One day girl!! We will meet and have a total hug-fest! =)

      Delete