Image Map

Thursday 31 October 2013

//Knowing What to Chase//




One of the biggest things I have struggled with is the question of knowing what to chase. So there are all these passions in my life, potential things I could pursue. But how do we know what we should look into? What things are good things to pursue? Which one should I do that brings glory to God? 
Well first of all, the question of what shouldn't we pursue could be considered. 



'Chasing a desire that will lead to doing something wrong is sin. But be very careful with your wording. The point isn't that you would then be violating the law of God - we already know we can't keep his law. The point now, as a new covenant believer, is that you would be violating the love of God, and that is a different motivation altogether.'
(A Million Little Ways, Emily Freeman p.121)



So we know that we want to reveal His glory! That is our purpose. And our greatest fear is to violate His love. When we love someone, we want to do what brings them joy. So out of our love for Him, we know that is something we don't want to chase. Something that would hurt Him. 


'So God created human beings in his own image.

    In the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.'
(Genesis 1:27)



We are made in His image, for this reason we are an artist like He is. Isn't that amazing? I have always loved being creative, of feeling crazy and sitting with my felt & glue gun loving the mess of making something beautiful. There are times when projects don't quite turn out the way I see them in my mind though, where my talents come up short. That's ok too. 


Our limits can be a gift themselves. They should us what our passion isn't, what we shouldn't chase. And knowing what we shouldn't chase can be just as important as knowing what to chase.



'If you are a person who has received the sacrifice of Jesus in your place and who has a spirit united with His spirit, then your greatest purpose is to reveal His glory and your greatest grief is to violate His love.'
(A Million Little Ways, Emily Freeman p.121)



Guess I'll have to prayerfully consider which of the things in my life I have shared that are not to be chased. That is at least something helpful. 

AllGloriousWithin
This post is part of my 31 day series for the month of October, 
fighting through the fears and sharing the confusing passions I have. 
Hoping to figure out the bigger picture of all these interests.

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. You are absolutely so beautiful! Jesus loves you girl! You are special ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO sweet friend! Thankyou! He so does, and you too!! =) =)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this--the way you brought together Scripture and the words that God has placed on others' (and your own) heart! Thanks for sharing; this really speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad friend! It has been such a learning experience for me =) Much Love!

      Delete