Image Map

Friday 4 October 2013

//The Relevance of Purity after 'I Do'//



Well yesterday I discovered that purity is even a bigger passion of mine than I thought, did you see the quantity of content here, its enough to fill an entire book!! Who knows right! 
I have been giving it so much thought the last two days, how purity is so a part of our everyday lives, a lifestyle.
Still relevant even once we say 'I Do' to a man here on earth. 


It is something I have struggled to write about after getting married a few years ago. But the Lord continued to lay purity on my heart, He has really been showing me just how relevant it still is in my everyday life even now. Not just for my single days.


I really dislike that there is a divide at times between single girls & married girls. That somehow our marital status means we can't relate to each other. Because no matter where we find ourselves we are always in amazing positions to encourage one another. 
I have often been uncomfortable mentioning this as many times girls have assumed that since I am married, I shouldn't have anything to say about it. 


But its funny, because purity is as much of a battle once married as it is while single. 
There is so much more to it that just saving yourself physically for marriage. Remaining pure and keeping your focus on your husband is still be a challenge once married. The ring doesn't remove the temptations.  We still battle keeping a pure thought life, being faithful, being tempted by online content and even battling our view on sex as now a gift instead of an evil thing to avoid at all costs. 


I don't know now that I would say the battle for purity is any easier the other side of the wedding. It is just different, which is why as ladies we need each other regardless of our relationship status. If we share convictions on purity and loving the Lord, we need to spend time together, get to know each other and pray for one another. 
It is a battle best fought together. Walking both sides these past few years, I realise how much we miss by not having close friendships with each other because we would rather relate to those in a similar life situation. 


So I hope that by sharing our love story in the next few days, whether you are single or married, you will be encouraged. I pray that you will see the Lord's hand in it and be reminded that He doesn't forget any of us, He is fully capable of scripting a beautiful love story in your life if you are single & that is part of His plan for you. And if you are married, I hope you are reminded of your own beautiful story written specially for you by our Loving Father. 


AllGloriousWithin
This post is part of my 31 day series for the month of October, 
fighting through the fears and sharing the confusing passions I have. 
Hoping to figure out the bigger picture of all these interests. 

Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read your story L... and love what you are saying here. This is why the small group I chose to join from our church is one I knew had women from all life stages - young mums, older singles, no kids, teenage kids... I love that we can all share and encourage one another! And thank you for encouraging me. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rachael! You are such an encouragement to me!!! =) Your sweet heart and faithfulness at emailing and commenting are incredible! I learn so much on how to be a great friend from you!! =) Your small group sounds awesome!! It is SO true we have SO much to offer each other! Thankful for you girl!! =)

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to hearing and seeing what God did in your lives!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria! You encourage me so much with your words! =)

      Delete
  3. I totally agree! I always thought that prior to marriage, there were rules and boundaries we weren't allowed to cross, then once you get married all of that just goes away. But as I was preparing to marry my now husband, I realized that in reality, those rules and boundaries are still there--we're just on the other side of the fence, and purity is just expressed differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh absolutely! Its something I will continue to process, think about and hopefully write about in the future. Because it is STILL relevant! =) And we shouldn't forget just how relevant it is the other side of 'I Do' =) Thanks for reading friend!

      Delete
  4. Purity after marriage isn't hardly ever talked about and I'm so glad that you address it. I want to learn about it now, and prepare for purity after marriage just as I am striving for purity now, before marriage. I also love what you said: "I really dislike that there is a divide at times between single girls & married girls. That somehow our marital status means we can't relate to each other. Because no matter where we find ourselves we are always in amazing positions to encourage one another." It's true! I value my married friends as an important source of information on married life, but also as my friends who have thoughts and feelings and good advice on other things besides marriage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! =) I'm SO glad you agree on these things ;) ;)

      Delete