Image Map

Sunday 13 October 2013

//Story from a Sister: Alesha//

I wanted to allow for several other encouraging young women to share with you on Sundays, friends. Ladies who I feel will really encourage you in your walk, your pursuit of things you are passionate about and seeing how the Lord can use those who are willing. Seeing areas where those pieces are coming together...

The minute we decided to follow God's call to help plant a church in South Florida I knew God was going to ask me to help with the kids ministry. And I knew I couldn't say no, but my heart selfishly sighed.



GPL1



As the day to move got closer, the inward groaning got louder and I knew that my heart would be a hindrance more than my hands would be a help. Every part of the move was full of anticipation and excitement except for the thought of helping in the kids ministry. And I ignored the selfish of my heart, and before I knew it the day came and our car was loaded up with more than I ever thought it could carry and we were setting off on our 12 day adventure across the country...

And I knew I couldn't wait any longer. I needed to let Him into that messy place of my heart. Slowly, my heart softened.

And we arrived and I started serving and it was kinda fun and my heart softened more. Then they asked me to run the kids ministry and I prayed and I began to be excited. As our Pastor and his wife poured vision and training into me, I began to get scared. So I prayed hard and long that God would use my inexperience and the passion He was giving me for His glory.


GPL3


He answered me and He equipped me and He began to show me all the ways He had been preparing me for this...
Growing up as the oldest of six kids.
Helping run the nursery at a Baptist church when I was in middle school.
My mom having us serve in Sunday School with her during the summers.
Six years of teaching swim lessons.
Becoming a lead swim lesson instructor.
Teaching water exercise classes.
Co-teaching a junior lifeguard class.
Tutoring opportunities scattered through high school and college.
My almost-finished elementary education degree.
That book my husband read our first year of marriage.


GPL2


Each little piece that I thought was just a job or just school or just a part of my normal everyday life was being woven together to be used for this. And the best part is, it's not the end.

Someday I'll look back and see how He's used this to prepare me for something else and that "something else" will be used to equip me for the next thing and it's all weaving together for the greater goal of my becoming like Him so His glory may greater shine through me.


GPL4


Because all those moments teaching and training me for now…
All the heart changes that had to take place…
All the good and bad and seemly useless experiences up till now…
They are all working in me for His glory. Because that's the point.
That's all that really matters.
And in this…in my here and now of being the Kid's Ministry Coordinator at a little, first year church plant…in this the goal is the same.
His glory.
My growth.
His fame.
His praise.

Be blessed
AllGloriousWithin
This post is part of my 31 day series for the month of October, 
fighting through the fears and sharing the confusing passions I have. 
Hoping to figure out the bigger picture of all these interests. 

Comment are turned off today, go say hi over on her blog =) 

Pin It!