Image Map

Sunday 6 October 2013

//Truth on Fear//


It shouldn't surprise me that every Sunday the Lord would speak into the situation I find myself in. Yet every week it does.
It floors me. 


That I would write the night before about fear. To find in the morning, our pastor would share a message on fear-filled rebellion. That he would give biblical insight into the very topic I have been pondering. 
Just yeah, His timing blows me away as I have been writing these past six days. 
The grace. The depth of it. 



'Following God where He wants us to go is the greatest ride of our lives!' 
- Our Pastor


Fear reveals belief. 
Who we fear shows who we believe. The Israelites wrestled with this in the wilderness in their journey to the Promised Land. The majority fearing the people they saw in the land God had for them, fear for their own safety, fear for their children. 
The core issue was whether or not they believed God. 
We have our own ideas of what it means to be safe, so often it prevents us from going where God wants us. 
We can miss out on getting to the promised land because of our fear? 
Do we really believe God? Do we trust His promises? ....Or are we afraid, wanting to play it safe instead because we fear for our safety.


Am I afraid to share our story because of the reactions of others? Do I believe their opinion on who I am, what my value is and what my motives are instead of trusting God? 


Those who feared death and wanted safety among the Israelites, lost their lives. God did not allow them to see the promised land. 
The two that feared God above everything else, they lived. (see Numbers chapters 13-14)
They were able to get to that Promised Land. 


We must be obedient & fear God, not others, in order to live! 


AllGloriousWithin
This post is part of my 31 day series for the month of October, 
fighting through the fears and sharing the confusing passions I have. 
Hoping to figure out the bigger picture of all these interests. 

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Ooops, Google lost my comment and had a spack!
    Was just saying how I'm so glad you were encouraged. :) Our pastor talked on Sunday night about faith being knowing - knowing what? Knowing God. Our confidence in His character and promises leaves no place for fear... Cheering you on as you listen to and obey His call! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww I hate when that happens!!! Silly google lol! =)
      Thanks so much for all your encouragement girl! You are blowing me away with kindness =)

      Delete