Image Map

Tuesday 1 October 2013

//The Why//



So in case you missed my post from yesterday, I decided to spend the next 31 days discussing the bizarre interests the Lord has given me as an individual, and each of us. Looking at them and trying to work through the mess, no longer hiding from the confusion, but exploring the possibilities and learning, hoping to piece together the pieces in some way to see a greater bigger picture. 


So even though I posted an intro yesterday, I thought it might help to discuss the why a little more. 
Why share online? Well, because I really want to be part of this community here in a real way. I really want to seek what the Lord might be doing through passions and interests in my life but also yours too. 
I really want to explore together biblically how some of these fit into a bigger picture and how some of them might not. How we can use our interests to glorify Him and what our priorities should be. 


I want to do this together with you friends, because as you have seen through previous posts about Influence Conferences & meeting several friends I have met through blogging, this community is real! I know for so many people that is a strange concept. But writing here can be very much like sitting down and having a heart-to-heart with a bunch of girlfriends over a cup of coffee. And community is good, it is biblical! 



As iron sharpens iron,
    so one person sharpens another.
{Proverbs 27:17}


Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
{Hebrews 10:23-25}


By continuing to hide from some of this tangled mess of figuring out where the Lord has me and how these passions all fit together for a greater purpose, I am also allowing Satan to have victory over this area. Because he wants me to believe  the lies, just like he wants you to believe the ones you hear. He doesn't want us to be open with each other, to tell each other the truth we so desperately need to hear. Because that sets us free to follow God, to be used by Him. 


I also want to share because I am sure that someone else is just as confused as I am over where life has them, how they fit into a bigger picture and why they lie awake at night burdened for something that just doesn't seem to fit into where life has you right now. Because telling our stories is for the benefit of others, sharing how the Lord has brought us from dry deserts into the promised land. It brings encouragement for those still walking in the desert and companionship for those who feel so alone. It destroys the lies. 


So I'm hoping that with the understanding of why I am writing this month, you will join me friends. I would love to pray for you with whatever desert or mess you find yourself in, even if it is SO different from mine! I would love to hear truth from you when needed and be able to share truth back. I love to encourage! And I'm hoping that when needed you will point me to truth and scripture or insight where appropriate.
 photo 31daysbutton200x200_zpsa214f9cb.jpg
This post is part of my 31 day series for the month of October, 
fighting through the fears and sharing the confusing passions I have. 
Hoping to figure out the bigger picture of all these interests. 

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. You definitely picked a relatable topic! :) We all NEED to see our lives for what they are , namely, designed by God! We may not be able to see the picture on the front of the box, but in the end, every piece fits together perfectly and they work together to make something that points straight to His awesome glory!!! I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so blessed by all your comments on here friend!!! =) You blow me away with your kind words!! =) SO thankful for you!!
      I really pray this topic is relatable, its so hard because I feel that in order to figure out the answers I have to get personal to see the whole thing. =S

      Delete
  2. I am excited and encouraged by your series. I feel I've been hiding under my bed and believing the lies for far to long and seeing others being real and listening to God's voice is so encouraging. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad friend! =) Thankful that the Lord would use my own mess to speak to others, such grace! =) Much Love!

      Delete