Image Map

Monday 30 September 2013

31 Days to Figuring Out the Pieces.//Intro


{Image Via Much Love Illy - Used with Permission}


I've spent the last several months reading many encouraging books. Books containing topics that move my heart, move me to tears. They stir something deep within me, they fill an ache I didn't know existed. Some topics would potentially stir many people to tears, others perhaps were more specific to me as an individual. But all left me wanting more, more involvement on my part, more of the Lord opening doors allowing me to be a part of something bigger than just what is going on in front of me right now. 

You see I've spent a lot of time this past year feeling lost. Wrecked. Shattered to pieces in a good way. I have been learning so much in the process. There has been a lot of transition (we have moved 3 times in the last 12 months alone), we changed church communities and I have a different job. So pretty much everything we knew in life changed. We have had a lot of family coming and going this summer, lots of difficult personal challenges, lots of finding influence removed in some areas & many great refining moments during it all. 

There has been a significant amount of confusion. 
And I still haven't figured it all out.
Maybe not even a lot of it.

A sweet friend of mine challenged me a few weeks ago as we were talking on the phone. I was discussing some of these shattered emotions with her & she asked me why I was hiding my mess under the bed. Why I was waiting to be used by God until I had it all figured out. She challenged me to share through the mess, if I felt it was appropriate to share. 

So after prayer and much consideration, I pulled my box of unwritten posts out from under the bed where they have been gathering dust for the past year. I have grabbed my rainboots and decided to jump into the messy puddle with both feet. No toe dipping to test the waters first. 
Exploring the messy pieces of passions which the Lord stirs in my heart periodically.

This will be just me....sharing more than I possibly ever have before. 
Writing through this bizarre mess of interests the Lord has laid on my heart, trying to make sense of how the pieces all fit together. Because most of the time, I haven't got a clue what the bigger picture looks like.

I'm hoping you will join me during this series. Write a series of your own maybe, or leave me comments on your thoughts, or just pray for clarity for me sweet friends! 
It's about to get vulnerable over here. Very real and maybe very messy.
But in the process, I am hoping to uncover the pieces and the way some of them should fit together. 

 photo 31daysbutton200x200_zpsa214f9cb.jpg
This post is part of my 31 day series for the month of October, 
fighting through the fears and sharing the confusing passions I have. 
Hoping to figure out the bigger picture of all these interests. 




To have these posts delivered directly to your inbox so you don't miss any, scroll up to find a place to enter your email address on the left sidebar. 

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I'm excited for this! I just started a five-day series on modesty and I have a feeling it will need to be more than five days. I have a lot on my heart regarding this topic and it's something about which I have a lot to say. Maybe it won't be 31 days worth, but it'll be cool to see what it grows into!

    Excited for you. :)

    And if you want to check out what I'm writing on, I'm over here now...

    Jaimie Ramsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this sounds awesome!!! i am very excited to see what you discover through all of the inspirations and long lost drafts. what a creative challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So looking forward to reading! 😊😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be good!!!! :) Excited for you and all that these next days will hold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. L! I'm so excited to be reading along with you as you get vulnerable here! I will be praying that God gives you courage and wisdom and words to say. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete