Image Map

Thursday 5 September 2013

The ever-continuing Life Lesson.


I love this idea. I saw Kerrie write about it today and headed over to see what it was all about. The idea of writing every day for September. Not realistic at this point in life unfortunately but I love the idea of it. Since I had planned to share a little more personally today, I went ahead and went with today's prompt.

Blogtember Day 3. Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered. 

I don't know that I would necessarily call it advice, more like something I have learned am learning. I don't know that I can classify it as something I always remember, but its something I hope to always remember.

I saw myself learning it when I first got to college and experienced heartache (more on that soon I promise, but here's what came before). I found myself falling flat on my face before a choice right after I was married. Then last year it was on my heart a few times here and here. There was a choice to be made, to choose to dwell on things and allow myself to fixate on what had been taken away from me by the Lord, or the choice to trust that He knows what He is doing, even when I think I know better.   

To choose contentment with where He has me.

I really do believe it is a choice. We won't overnight become those pretty girls that always look so happy, whose lives seem to be perfect in all the ways we hope for. The ones we see living our very own dreams. We all too easily fall into the habit of comparison and longing (I know I can!).
But I am beginning to think that each of us makes this choice daily. No-one's life is perfect, as evidenced by pop culture today and those in our generation that may have everything the world tells us we need. Money doesn't buy happiness, popularity doesn't seem like all its made out to be and trends soon die out before most of us may even be on board with what is currently 'in.'

But we can choose to be thankful. To embrace what the Lord has blessed us with and given to us, even for a season. Even if we are in the midst of a rough season, thankful He has given us a season of clinging to Him.

So I think the only information I would pass along today friends, is that. Contentment is a choice, one I am always trying to work towards. I know I always need a little more practice.
But somewhere in between the practice of rejoicing with others, seeking God's heart for others and crying out to Him when needed....I hope to learn it fully.

Contentment. 

Pin It!

1 comment: