Image Map

Sunday 27 October 2013

//Story From a Sister: Nicole//

I wanted to allow for several other encouraging young women to share with you on Sundays, friends. Ladies who I feel will really encourage you in your walk, your pursuit of things you are passionate about and seeing how the Lord can use those who are willing. Seeing areas where those pieces are coming together...

I'm so incredibly excited to share with you this precious friend I met right here in this beautiful online community. She is a gem! Has such a gift with words, a way of convicting while encouraging at the same time & a gorgeous little baby. 
Anyway....I'll let her share some of her story with you.
---------------------------------------


I love love love to write.
Stories, memories, journals, letters, and blogging.  Blogging blogging blogging.

When I really started blogging just after we got back from our honeymoon in the Bahamas, I was all amped up to grow a blog like sweet corn on a hot summer day.  Big, fast and tasty.  I had seen plenty of people do it.  How hard can good pictures and a few witty lines be?!

It quickly realized that I had set myself up for massive disappointment.  My regular old blog growth felt less-than-turtle speed as I watched bloggers I admire sky rocket into fame along with a plethora of popular products to review for free.  What was I doing wrong?!  

Suddenly my identity had become how quickly I could reach a destination instead of celebrating the way God's story would look for me.  You can read about how I almost gave up here.


Then I got pregnant.  Life suddenly became one huge attempt at survival as I nannied two little kids during the peak of morning sickness, then went on to drive a school bus through the winter.  Quitting just five weeks before our little Emmett was born.  Blogging took a back seat to the back seat of my life.  Turns out those nine months was just the detoxing my soul needed.  

God began to show me the incredible need for authentic, real community.  The beauty that happens when you approach the overwhelming world of social media with a heart to connect,  to encourage, to bless.  I slowly began to write and be just me.  I began to actively pursue the dreams and passions God has planted in my heart.  I began to reach out to girls and truly build relationships.  I began to see the expansion of my online community as a way to bless and build up those in my circle of influence, rather than just a way to make my own name great.

Best of all, my heart is so overjoyed.  So grateful.  Because in God's economy, we rise up only as we allow ourselves to stoop down with the beautiful heart of a servant.  As we give with generosity that is wild and free, our own needs are met in big and wonderful ways.  And most of all, as we realize even if I become the biggest and best blogger, I'm still only that.  A blogger.  The real value of life is living in a way that brings so much glory and attention to Jesus.  Because He is only and always the Greatest, never me.

AllGloriousWithin
This post is part of my 31 day series for the month of October, 
fighting through the fears and sharing the confusing passions I have. 
Hoping to figure out the bigger picture of all these interests.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh girl! I am SO glad! =) Nicole just inspires & encourages me SO much! =) She is a gem!! =)

      Delete