Image Map

Friday 25 October 2013

//A Heart for Red Dirt Beneath My Feet//


Well, I'm sorry for dropping the ball these past couple days with posting. Its so easy to get busy & then once I missed one day it was easy to get out of my regular late night routine of sitting and writing the next section of this journey. Writing the posts has been taking place whenever I get time during my day in a little notebook. I am treasuring that thing as every thought has been going in there, which I have been screening before writing on here. 


I can't tell you how the Lord has been speaking to me through this series, through everything actually. But more on that on Monday when I begin to share the truth I have been learning. So lets get to the last couple of passion pieces I have in my life shall we.


I don't know that I have a ton to share about this particular passion, because I have talked about it so many times before.
I have a heart for a place I've only been to once, and a country I have actually never set foot in. But I'm praying and praying and trusting that several of these passions do tie up in a dream of mine, so we shall see if that is the Lord's will for us or not. Because I really do what His will, His heart.  


This passion started a while ago now. (I shared this previously on Moriah's Blog here)
To put it in context, this was the summer that I had said goodbye to a guy never knowing if I would see Him again, following this post. 



I recall sitting on a bus travelling across India the summer after I graduated high school, some seven year ago now (how’s that for crazy!). We had just completed the short-term project we were on working and were heading back home to the Middle East. While on the trip I had developed some friendships with several girls who didn't live in the same city as I did, and we weren't sure when we would see each other again. One of them asked me if I was going on the second trip leaving for Africa a week later.

I replied with a no and they soon asked me why I wasn't going. I informed them I didn't have the money that was needed to go on yet another mission trip. I hadn't done any fund raising, and really I hadn't thought about another trip. I was just super excited to have gone on the first. They asked me what I planned on doing instead. And really, the answer was nothing. I had the whole summer ahead of me before college started the other side of the world. But I didn't have any set plans. So they challenged me about coming with them. 

I remember feeling frustrated that I hadn't thought about it before. That something like money would stop me from going to Africa for the first time because I hadn't planned. And I felt that nudge. I felt the Lord challenge me about whether I thought He could provide. 

I secretly felt it was hopeless, there was only six days between landing and leaving for Africa. 





But I chose to trust. Thinking I had nothing to lose. 

After returning home, through God’s provision of visas, parental support and financial support being provided within 24 hrs of returning home from India, I found myself on another plane a few short days later. 

Once arriving in the bush of a small village in northern Tanzania, I fell in love. It really is so true that Africa just gets under your skin. Once its in your blood, its not going anywhere! A place full of people who passionately love God and others who desperately need to hear about Him. 




A place where I hope someday to return, to adopt and maybe even use my passion for photography. 

I’m not yet sure how all of these passions are linked to one another. I only know that the Lord continues to work them further into the depths of my soul. His provision on my high school trip really proved to me that sometimes when God has something for you, the doors will open like you've never seen. 



For now, I am working on furthering my photography skills, working on involvement with The Mocha Club and networking with so many incredible women with a heart for Africa and adoption. As for what happens next, only God knows....

I really think that in order to find your passion, you need to walk with eyes open. Find what inspires you, encourages you to seek the Lord and listen to those small nudges. And be ready to let go of things when He asks us to. 

He will show you where He wants you. 

At least that’s my prayer.





I've previously shared about my heart for Africa:
Mocha Club I Need Africa
Mocha Club A Purpose Project
Girl Behind the Blog A Non-Blogging Passion
When God Provided: Africa Part 1
Where My Heart Is: Africa Part 2
Elise Cooper From Forever Changed: Guest Post
Wynne Elder A Heart for Adoption: Guest Post

AllGloriousWithin
This post is part of my 31 day series for the month of October, 
fighting through the fears and sharing the confusing passions I have. 
Hoping to figure out the bigger picture of all these interests.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment