Image Map

Tuesday 22 October 2013

//When God's Heart is becoming My Heart//


My love for kids just continues to grow on a daily basis. I also love that I am learning so much about myself while I learn how to steer their hearts towards Him. Even through the difficult questions I don't always know how to answer, the tantrums and silly moments. I just can't help but love them for all they teach me. 


It is our Father's heart.
I remember singing a song when I was little about how Jesus loves the little children, do you know the one? All the children of the world....they are precious in His sight.  




'Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them.
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.' 
{Matthew 19:13-15 NIV}



And I so want more of the Father's heart, friends! By praying for more of His heart, I have been falling head over heels in love with so many different kids. Yes, even ones that at first glance may seem difficult to love (but aren't they just an amazing reminder of how difficult we can be to love?). 




I love how He has been working this passion into our hearts as well as giving us a heart for adoption. Both individually, then together & who knows what He will do with this. 
I love that it is our Father's heart and it is becoming ours. 




'For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.'
{Ephesians 1:4-6 NIV}




'Sing to God, sing in praise of his name,
    extol him who rides on the clouds;
    rejoice before him—his name is the Lord.
 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,
    is God in his holy dwelling.
 God sets the lonely in families,
    he leads out the prisoners with singing;
    but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.'
{Psalm 68:4-6 NIV}






While we personally have yet to experience the trials & many blessings of the journey of adoption, I am inspired by the stories of several amazing ladies who have. Rejoicing with them & crying with them and seeing how beautiful these stories are.


I'm sure there are many many others out there! 
I hope to join these women & their families someday on this beautiful journey.
This picture of redemption.
The gospel lived out.





'Adoption is a redemptive response to tragedy that happens in this broken world. And every single day it is worth it, because adoption is God's heart.' 
{Katie Davis, Kisses From Katie, p.72}




What a picture of us belonging to God's family. 
It is how He himself calls us Sons and Daughters, how we are children of a king. 
What grace! And what a price He paid for us! 
We were worth that much to Him! 
I'm just overwhelmed by grace at that thought and how adoption just displays that message to me again and again, right in front of me so I can see it! 
I love how Katie in her book Kisses From Katie mentions that God commands us to care for orphans and widows (See James 1:27)And that will not look the same for everyone, we all have our own stories to live for Him and our own ways to bring glory to the Father, but there are ways we can all obey this command. (For instance, Child Sponsorship is an incredible way to be a part of this! We have been a part of World Vision for a while. There is also the Mocha Club to get involved with for orphan projects.




'But someone who does not know, and then does something wrong, will be punished only lightly. When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.'
{Luke 12:48 NIV}



 'If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it.'
{Matthew 10:39 NIV}




I can't wait to share more about this particular journey in future as we pray, seek God and His plan for us and ask Him for timing in how to act on our convictions.  This is a topic SO close to my heart friends! Something I am so utterly excited and passionate about.
Until then I get so much encouragement from following along with the sweet adventures of these sweet families who have opened their homes & hearts to precious little ones. 
They inspire me so much to keep praying and seeking Him with these dreams! 





AllGloriousWithin
This post is part of my 31 day series for the month of October, 
fighting through the fears and sharing the confusing passions I have. 
Hoping to figure out the bigger picture of all these interests.

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait for our adopted babies to hang out someday. . . and us too. ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA YES!!! =) Oh i'm dreaming of us being neighbors girl SO badly!! =) ;)

      Delete
  2. Before my husband and I married we both discussed that we would love to adopt and were open to it. We have three biologically and are now into the world of foster care and we both really hope it leads us to adoption one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh friend! I could totally see you guys doing that!! =) You are so precious! I love there are others with a similar heart =) So encouraging! Much Love!!! =)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. Reading you can just hear you passion so lovely!! thanks for sharing. what a wonderful day it will be for you but until then you are sharing such kindness and learning so much, and mostly probably from the kids :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh friend, I'm so glad you can hear the passion! That's so encouraging, thanks for telling me that! =) Haha absolutely learning so much from them! They are wonderful! =) Much Love!

      Delete