Image Map

Saturday 19 October 2013

//In His Time//



One of the biggest frustrations in life currently & one of the mysteries among these pieces of passions is being caught in an 'in between' stage. No longer single, married for a few years, but not for long enough to feel as though I have much to contribute regarding advice on marriage. 


There is this strange stage where you aren't fresh from the honeymoon anymore, but you don't fit in with those battling sleepless nights and the joys of raising little ones.
(Although I do totally understand this to an extent with the job I have and the opportunities we have had to have children for an entire weekend on several occasions) 
You've learnt how to communicate and realise just how bad you were at it when you got married. Figured out a flow to life as a married couple, but you haven't experienced a decade or so of this new adventure. 


It can be frustrating. Feeling stuck. Being called into the waiting period. 


Called out to be grown, changed and molded. Outside of the plan we had for ourselves, but inside the plan the Lord had for us all along.
Our timing for a family is outside what our plans were, but we are trusting we are still inside God's plan & timing.  
Our timing for our financial situation was almost the complete opposite of what we had expected from our dating days, but again we are trusting in God's plan & timing. 
Our housing situation was nothing like I could have imagined, but He always provided for us and it was His plan all along.


Even though there are so many more things I could list that were or still are outside my own plan, perhaps that is the point.....it was my own plan or our own plan.
Where God had another, far better plan than we could imagine. 


As winter is approaching which always seems to be a harder season for many reasons, I am actually finding myself at peace trusting that God has a plan. 
For the first time, I don't think I do. 
I'm still praying for answers to prayers we have had for years now and for the Lord's timing on many dreams of ours. 
But not to hope in my own timelines or ideals. 
And daily trying to trust that He hears us, He loves us & He has a plan! 





When do you think you stop being a newlywed? I previously asked this on my instagram & got some great responses =) 

AllGloriousWithin
This post is part of my 31 day series for the month of October, 
fighting through the fears and sharing the confusing passions I have. 
Hoping to figure out the bigger picture of all these interests.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! It's actually so peaceful to trust in His plans for us and give our issues to Him through prayer. Something I need to practice on every single day!!! Oh I think newlywed stage I think you come out of that after your first year? I would love to know what the "actual" timeline of newlywed status is. We are nearly a year at the end of this month so can I still call myself a newlywed after that haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh same here friend! Isn't that the truth! =) =) Love your words!!! =) =)
      Yeah....I don't feel like a newlywed after 3 1/2 yrs but it feels like just perspective of whoever you are talking to lol. Someone married for 50 yrs would totally see us as babies in our marriage LOL! =) Haha! I would totally call yourself a newlywed as long as you like =) =)

      Delete