Image Map

Monday 27 February 2012

{On My Heart} Mondays. [Heart's Desires]

Lately I have had a lot of heart's desires on my mind.
The Lord created me with some many different interests. 
 I'm in love with crafting things (check out my Etsy store), taking pictures and children, among many others. 
Sometimes I even get to combine all these passions in one activity which makes me very happy.
Lately I have had such a heart for children and adoption.
It has been slowly working its way in for the past few years, I have no idea why.
After finishing reading Katie's book, Kisses From Katie, I was feeling sad it had finished. Mainly because I can understand her in so many ways.  I fell in love with Africa when I was 19 but have not yet been able to return. Life took me on a different adventure, the Lord took me on a different adventure
So having this heart for adoption at such a time in life when adoption is not possible, I was discouraged and asking the Lord why He had given me desires for things which are not possible. Why not give me a stronger desire to work with children (I already am). Or another desire which could be possible with where we are in life.
Maybe because that wouldn't require any faith at all on my part.

'Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass. 
He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.'
{Psalm 37:4-7}

The Lord shall give us the desires of our heart when we delight ourselves in Him.
If these desires are from Him, then He longs to fulfill them. He is a good God.
He does not care about my being comfortable with where I am, with wanting only desires which are easily fulfilled. He knows I long to grow in Him, often that requires stretching my faith so that I trust Him more.

This verse is a reminder to wait patiently for the Lord. How difficult I find this at times.
He completes things in His time and not mine. So even if He gives me His heart for something, I may have to wait patiently for a while before seeing that be fulfilled.


When I was sixteen, I was in love with a brown-haired, blue-eyed boy. 
I didn't think I could love any other boy more than him. He was everything I wanted in a husband. He was my best friend at the time. 
I remember sitting in my room crying out to the Lord in frustration over our ages and how difficult the feelings we had for each other were at such a young age.
The Lord clearly answered my cries with
Yes, he is the one. But you will have to wait patiently for him. 

That was the first time I ever distinctly remember hearing from the Lord like that.
I felt an immediate sense of peace and even though the following years took us through some incredibly difficult times and everyone around me said we would never marry each other after all we went through. 
I remembered the promise from the Lord and never doubted that He had said yes those years ago to the young girl crying out to Him.
When that same brown-haired, blue-eyed boy pursued me after not talking at all for a year with the intention of courtship leading possibly to marriage, I knew the Lord had kept His promise.
I waited seven years from Him whispering to me His answer, to marrying the boy who won my heart. The Lord was in every step of our story, working things for His glory

'Because you are precious in my eyes,
    and honored, and I love you....'
{Isaiah 43:4}


The Lord loves us and considers us precious. He works all things to our good. Even the things we don't understand while walking through them.
At times, He asks us to wait patiently for Him.


'I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.'
{Psalm 40:1}


'But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; 
They shall mount up with wings like eagles, 
They shall run and not be weary, 
They shall walk and not faint.'
 {Isaiah 40:31}


'We do not want you to become lazy, 
but to imitate those who through faith and patience 
inherit what has been promised.' 
{Hebrews 6:12}

Do not grow discouraged my friends. If you have been given the Lord's heart for something. 
He is working it all out for His glory & He will bring it to pass in His way.
We don't know the answer in every situation but we know He asks us to wait for His timing. 
Waiting on the Lord leads to beautiful God-orchestrated stories. You will never regreat the outcome of waiting on Him.
Do not be tempted to rush ahead and make rash decisions, trying to write the story yourself.
Only in His timing are beautiful stories orchestrated. 
And when they are, they are like fingerprints of heaven on earth.

Much Love,
L



Pin It!

21 comments:

  1. I read this twice... just to soak it all in. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful heart!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how beautiful this is! And so very timely. I've had those exact thoughts, wondering why I have such a burning desire for something that seems so impossible. I too have so many areas of passions and interests and have never seemed to understand how they mesh together. I know God has a plan to weave them all together one way or another. This was so beautiful and something I may have to come back and read again :)

    Cheers!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that encouragement Michelle! So nice to know we are not alone! =) He will work those desires into something beautiful in your life, I have no doubt! Much Love!

      Delete
  4. I fell in love with Africa when I was a teenager too! Have you ever written about your experience? I would love to hear about it! I did a post here:

    http://theleefamilyhappenings.blogspot.com/2012/02/africa.html

    If you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally havm't written about it yet. I did several different trips in the space of about a year...it was a while ago but I could totally try and write about it =)
      I almost want to wait until I have my journals from that year in front of me (one of the advantages of always keeping a spritual journal from when i was 16) =) But thanks for that suggestion, I totally will sometime =) I will head over and read yours! =)

      Delete
  5. love this! I feel so drawn to adoption... but I'm a young, single girl! all in God's timing :)
    p.s. y'all are a gorgeous couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know it =) I found a christian organisation today that even accepts single women applications =) Not feeling the Lord's call to adopt yet, but it is SO on my heart right now =)
      Aww you are so sweet! Thanks so much Chels! =)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for linking up! What a great reminder of his goodness, of his timing, and of his loving care of our desires. He is so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He totally is, thanks for that reminder Ruth! =)

      Delete
  7. This is beautifully written and such a good, timely reminder. I have to remember that God has SO MUCH for me at this time in my life...and the desires that I have will come to fruition in HIS timing.

    Thank you for this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww he totally has wonderful plans for you sweet girl! =) I know it and I look so forward to hearing ALL about them =)

      Delete
  8. I struggle with allowing God to write my story and direct my path. I always think I have it planned out...but I'm so foolish! I so badly want to go to Africa and spread His word there. I hope and pray that it is in His plan for me, but if not, I know he has many other wonderful ideas in store :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww girl I share your heart so much! I too would love to drop everything and go to Africa =) He knows both our hearts and longings and will direct you in the way He wants you to walk. Love you girl!

      Delete
  9. okay totally needed to hear this today, you have me crying over here :)
    love you and your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww girl! =) I love you & your heart too =)

      Delete
  10. i really believe the Lord places the desires of our hearts there for a reason and that He will bring them to fruition in His perfect timing. love your heart. it is so evident in your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Amen to what you wrote =) =)

      Delete
  11. So beautifully true! So you loved your husband as a young teenager and then grew up to marry him?! That is amazing! What a love story! I love this for so many reasons, I was adopted and can share your longing and passion for that. I also love how you realize that it is all on the Lord's time and he prepares us. You are a beautiful soul. Thanks so much for sharing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete