Image Map

Thursday 16 February 2012

'Two Hearts In Love' Thursdays. [Flowers]

 For our wedding, I decided that I wanted to use a combination of silk and real flowers.
This is a part of the wedding which can get pretty expensive.
If you have a large budget, then by all means you might be able to afford gorgeous real flowers for everyone.
We chose to tighten the budget in this area and spend the money on other areas.

My own bouquet was real, as were the Boutonnières for the guys, flowers for our parents & grandparents.
We ordered those from a florist in the area (we shopped around).
We chose pretty simple flowers for this, so I was not worried at all at the way they would turn out.

 For the bridesmaids...I found a whole bunch of silk flowers on clearance in a Joanns which was in liquedation. I can't remember what I paid for them....but it was minimal.
The flowers were so nice, everyone was stunned they were not real.
The best part, my bridesmaid who all had to travel (some across the world - no joke) were able to keep their beautiful flowers and take them home.

If you do want real flowers, very important to remember what will be in season when you get married.
You can guarentee if you order flowers out of season for your bouquet - you will end up spending 
A LOT more money than those which are easily available.

 Also...think about your color schemes. I'm sure this is obvious.
If you have 2 colors already, go with those when picking flowers.
It will tie together your colors really nicely.
Check out some pictures below to see what I mean.

Another tip given to me by my hair stylist (haha).
Make sure you have a vase at your reception so you can put your bouquet down & keep it looking good.
You can buy these really cheap from the dollar store and they look great on the head table, while you enjoy the party as a married couple.


These are stunning! What amazing colors!


Adding the twig-like parts really add a natural look to the bouquet.



Beautiful Fall colored flowers.




These are one of my favorites. They are simple stunning flowers!




Adding a unique touch by having the bridemaids carry pinwheels. So sweet.



Loving the simplicity of these flowers. So understated but gorgeous!


In Love with this necklace & flower combination! 

For the unique look again....
So beautiful!
Isn't it great how many types of beautiful flowers the Lord made friends!
Just because He could, I am sure He loves beautiful things =)
Happy Planning!
L

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Great post! This is so helpful, I'm getting marrried soon and I'm trying to save money. Thank you for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea about the silk and real flowers! No one would be able to tell! I LOVED my flowers, but on my, I hated the price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic. Flowers were one thing I had a hard time deciding about at first. I didn't hire a florist; I knew a lady who arranged flowers on her own; she was a busy homeschooling mom but she has a knack for flower arranging, and a big garden of her own. We got married the last week of May so a lot of things were in bloom. I ended up having roses, lilacs, baby's breath, and lily of the valley in my bouquet, and my bridesmaids' were smaller versions thereof. We had wrist corsages for the moms and grandmas. Joshua didn't want a boutonniere so we didn't have any at all, which saved money. The friends who decorated the reception hall had a vase with water ready for each bouquet at the tables, and my mom dried and preserved mine. I made a separate faux-flower bouquet for throwing. It worked out quite nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooohh I love your picks. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing all your thoughts guys =) It was definitely a wonderful way to save money and it didn't look any different from having real flowers which was awesome =)
    Thanks for sharing your flower details Jaimie, how fun to have a friend who arranges flowers, thats awesome!!! =)

    ReplyDelete