Image Map

Thursday 9 February 2012

'Two Hearts in Love' Thursdays. [The Dress]


When we are little girls, most of us at some point picture our weddings.
We imagine a lot of details about the event.
What kind of wedding we want it to be, what the flowers will look like....
and you probably spent a long time imagining your dress.


Now that its become a reality and you're engaged, 
maybe you know exactly what kind of dress you want. 
Or perhaps you have no idea.


Having been shopping with a few brides, I've noticed that most girls have an idea of what they like when going into the bridal store.
But for some, you start putting them on.....you find that the style you wanted looks different from what you imagined.
That's ok.....


There are so many different styles that one will look perfect for you.
Classic, vintage, strapless, princess-like, simple, lace, beaded, sequins, ruffles.....
the list is endless.


My advice would be....head to that store with 1 or 2 girls with you (perhaps even your mom if you want to share that moment with her) and try on a whole bunch of them.
You may end up going to multiple stores, that's ok.
Enjoy the process!
You will find that dress.
When you try it on....it will look beautiful!
Try a whole bunch of styles you aren't sure about.
For both me and my sister we ended up buying something totally different to what we thought we would get.


And her dress.....is stunning!
(I won't share pictures of the dress she chose, as we don't want her man to see them beforehand!)
But trust me....she looks stunning!
As does each bride on her wedding day.



Enjoy these Pinterest finds....





Happy Dress hunting!
And don't forget to enjoy the moment!
Much Love,
L


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. you are so right about just enjoying the moment with dress shopping. just soak in the process, enjoy trying on all the fabulous gowns and don't be too hard on yourself. the right dress will present itself, and even if you had no idea what you are looking for let the sales rep help you in finding that great gown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aahh! Some of these are BEAUTIFUL! I only hope to need one in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These dresses are beautiful! Great advice to brides to be. My husband and I eloped in Vegas, we were engaged, but now that I think of it I never imagined a wedding or wearing a wedding dress. Weird! But I love these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I think a lot of wedding dresses are beautiful! =) So nice they come in so many different styles =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fell in love with the first dress I tried on and then we eloped so I didn't get to wear it! Saving it for a renewal of the vows <3

    ReplyDelete