Image Map

Thursday 4 October 2012

Life Changes, God is Constant.



Seasons come and go. They change.
If its one thing I have learned during my transitory life, it is that God is always there. Constant.
I was never that girl who moved down the street from the home I grew up in, living in that small town and spent every vacation with my entire extended family.
My moves were a little more dramatic, involving changing countries as well as sometimes continents and buying one-way plane tickets.


I don't think I can describe the feeling of boarding a plane knowing you are leaving a place as 'home' the last few years, its a feeling of sadness for what you are leaving behind but an excitement about the unknown adventure on the other side. With butterflies in your tummy you enter the plane and fly to foreign lands which you can see from the sky and look exciting.
Its craziness as you step out into a new place to a foreign language and people who look different than what you are used to.
Sometimes you don't even understand what they are saying, but it's still exciting.
A few days later when you're lying in a strange hotel bed, knowing you aren't likely to see your closest friends again, you begin to cry and feel scared.


You begin to ask God to take away the change and put things back the way they were because what seemed as exciting is now in fact just scary and hard.
But through it all you have begun to learn something precious.



'Life changes. People come & go, and seasons never last.
Nothing stays the same. Good times come & go....finances are ever changing....
our health with eventually fail us. And through death or decision, everyone we know will someday leave us. All except for Jesus Christ.
Jesus will never leave you or forsake you. And because of that we have the strength
to love with all our hearts....
even unaware of what tomorrow brings.'

{Quote from Leaving by Karen Kingsbury}


Learning that Jesus is the only constant in life becomes a beautiful comfort
It empowers you to move forward knowing these beautiful truths:


'Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.'
{Hebrews 13:8}


'For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.'
{Jeremiah 29:11-12}


'For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.'
{Psalm 84:11}


So even when things in life begin to change, even if it isn't a dramatic one-way plane ticket but something like financial trouble, a pregnancy, a health issue....
Remember that you are loved by one who is constant.
And He knows what He's doing.

So today....I am thankful for God being constant friends.


Much Love,
L


AllGloriousWithin

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I think it's safe to say that I can relate and have had spent many nights wishing I could just go home and be "comfortable" again. And then God gently reminds me that He doesn't want me to be "comfortable" but obedient. And than I remember I'm not as alone as I feel. My Father, just as you said, is always constant, and that's that most comforting thing I can think of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a big move since I was 7, when I moved from NJ to SC. Now very shortly I'll be moving to India. Crazy! I've never left the USA before! I'm reading this as someone wondering... So many in my life think I am crazy I feel unsure about sharing my butterflies. Because I am 100% certain this is God's calling for me. 100%... but I'm still a little scared and nervous. Mainly excited... exhilarated... but oh so nervous. And what I desperately crave from my family is support and instead I'm getting doubt and terror. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete