Image Map

Thursday 1 March 2012

'Two Hearts In Love' Thursdays. [Hairstyles]

There are multiple options planning hair for your wedding day,
 and the hair of your bridesmaids.
You can totally just hire a salon to do everyone's hair, this is probably the most costly option but may give you the most confidence depending on your other options.
In my case, I had 2 friends who are AMAZING with hair. So I asked them if they would do the bridesmaids hair for me at the church beforehand. This way everyone was together so they were all ready to go and able to enjoy the time leading up to the ceremony.
I actually went to a hairdresser myself, it is usually humid here in the summer and my hair does not cooperate well. So I wanted to go to a professional who would force it to behave =)
Amazing friend.

The results were amazing all round. 
I had a friend who was married before me who shared the tip of trying a hairstyle you want several months beforehand. This way if you don't actually like the one you picked, you can try a different one at another trial appointment. This way you aren't putting a ton of pressure on the way it looks the morning of the wedding.
My trial hair appointment & the wedding day.

My trial actually looked better than the wedding day, my highlights had grown out a little and as I had been told not to touch them up after a certain point, they needed to be integrated into the hairstyle differently on the day.
Not a big deal as I still liked what she did, but it was different from the amazing curls we tried before.
The trial was also done in the winter so there was zero humidity which also contributed to the way the curls sat. Bit different from the humid wedding day where the curls dropped before the reception.
I will admit I was so happy being with A & married by that point that I didn't even notice my hair. 

I gave my bridesmaids their hair accessories from Claires as gifts.

I would recommend buying a wedding hairstyles magazine to look through, or you might find what you are looking for online. Maybe Pinterest?
Also make sure that you take your hair accessories with you to a trial appointment, the style you pick will also depend on what you want in your hair (ie flowers, tiara, clips, barettes) as well. If you are having a veil you will want a hairstyle in which you can anchor it.
You can find unique hair accessories on Etsy which are handmade pieces, usually cheaper than those available in bridal stores.
If you plan on having your hair different from your bridesmaids hair (or choosing their hairstyle), then you may want to decide on your own hairstyle and pick theirs after you have chosen. This way you won't all end up with the same hairstyle (unless that's what you want).
Be sure to make sure you all wear button down tops on the day so that you don't mess your hair up when you come to change into your dresses.

This would be gorgeous on Bridemaids =)








Much Love & Happy Hair days,
L


P.S. To me...March 1st is officially Spring! Oh yeah!

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. oh hey!! I sent you an email!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love etsy! Your hair was gorgeous! I ended up doing my own hair on my wedding day (long story) and I really wish I hadn't. But, my mom and aunt did my bridesmaid's hair and it turned out beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Katie =) Thanks so much! =)
      Aww well I'm sure you looked beautiful anyway =) =)
      Heading over to your blog to see if there are any pictures ;)

      Delete
  3. hair, hair hair! I love it all. Those are all so cute above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your wedding! This brings back such memories for me! I did hair before having kids and did many brides/bridemaids hairstyles :) Your hair looked beautiful! Thanks for linking up doll! xoxo

    ReplyDelete