Image Map

Thursday 8 March 2012

'Two Hearts In Love' Thursdays. [Wedding Shoes]


 
I have no idea what you guys think of when you plan your wedding with regard to shoes.
I personally wanted flats for a number of reasons.
I felt it would be a long day and flats would be so much more comfortable walking around and greeting people =)
You spend a lot of time on your feet on your wedding day btw.
The other reason was that A is not that tall, so I didn't want to be taller than him in some gigantic heels.
Best decision I ever made when thinking about having comfortable feet.
They still hurt at the end of the day but they would have been SO bad if I had worn heels.
Having said that a lot of girls look great in heels and are used to wearing them (unlike me) so they may want heels on their day.

This girl wanted her dad to walk her down the aisle, 
he had passed away so she put these charms on her shoes. 
Kinda cute.

I chose blue flats in a typical arabic style shoe {see top picture}, part of our culture growing up.
They were super comfortable, and reminded me of our high school prom haha.
They were my 'something blue' not that I believe in wedding superstitions of course.
I could have gone with pink to match the bridesmaid dresses which would have looked just as cool.
I love the color themes and matching the accessories to your colors.
Such fun!


Then there are the bridesmaid shoes, if you are choosing them as the bride.
You can decide whether to put them in heels or have them in flats. 
Whichever you choose, both can looks pretty amazing.
I never knew there were as many options for cute shoes as there are.
Dessy sell flipflops you can buy your girls as favors with your wedding color round the rim, awesome for dancing at the reception, 
or even as shoes if you're having an outdoor/beach wedding.
You don't have to choose the classic white or black heels. I totally did with my bridesmaids and just let them have their own white heels. At least they could hopefully rewear them.
But these Pinterest finds make you really want to be creative.


 Loving the colors to accent the outfit.


 Totally!!!!


 I Love red shoes.


{via} 
 Try some embellishments on the heels.




{via}
Fun text underneath anyone? =)

I would highly recommend a bride & groom shot of your feet, be sure to mention it to your photographer.
They look so cute.
I totally forgot about this on the day =)
Maybe we should capture this 2 years later? What you think?
Much Love,
L









Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to be barefoot or wear cowboyboots for my wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feet photos are always so cute! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete