Image Map

Saturday 31 March 2012

[On my Heart] Run to Jesus.


Often the plans we have for our own lives are not God's plans for us.
We have to trust Him & exercise our faith knowing that He will work it for our good ~ which is His good, all for His glory.


At times when I am low, it is usually because I am not clinging to His truth.
I am not seeking Him the way I should be.
The world around me has once again taken over and problems seem too big.
Then I am reminded....
God is Bigger!


When I realise the problem is not the things around me, but in fact with me.
I run back to Jesus.
Into His arms.....
And the problems seem so much smaller.
Not as important as they once seemed.


They might still be a big deal and valid concerns.
But the knowledge that the one who moves mountains (Mark 11:23-24)
has me by my right hand (Psalm 73:23).
He is the one writing my story.
He will lead me in the part I have in His larger story.


I am trying to learn to let go of what I feel are my rights in life.
Everything beautiful in life is a blessing, not a right.
Being happily married, having godly children, living a life of purity waiting for the One He has.
All these are gifts from the Lord, a result of His grace, they are not earned.
It is by His grace, I am able to have anything beautiful in my life.
Without Him, I am nothing.


So He has been teaching me to focus on the joyful things He has blessed me with.
Not with the things which for now, are not part of my life.
To focus on the beautiful friendships, family & relationships He has given me.
This past week I did not write much, 
I was refocusing on the Lord.
Relining my Heart to His will for my life.
Learning to be content with where He has me, and continuing to learn what He wants me to learn at this moment in time.
No matter how hard.
Because nothing else in this life is as important as that.


Run to Jesus, sweet friends.
There is no better place to spend your time.

Much Love,
L

P.S. Check out the website linked to the first picture! Haha so much fun! It was edited, just so you know =)
P.P.S. I will leave the signup for the Spring Fling Swap open over the weekend just in case you missed it! If you have already signed up, you should be getting an email from Erin & I soon!!!! Yay!!! 

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I’m so glad I discovered your blog! Your words in this post spoke to my heart; thank you. I too have a blog that is spiritually driven. My blog is called: Renewed Corner. I would love for you to visit me (if you have the time). Keep up the good work on your blog!
    www.renewedcorner.blogspot.com
    ~Elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elle! =) So happy you came to hang out =) So glad you were encouraged. Will totally head over and check out your blog. I love that we are able to blog with purpose. So precious to share with each other in that way =) Much love to you!

      Delete
    2. Hey L, this is Elle, from Renewed Corner. Thanks for the comment reply. Blogging can be very rewarding! Meeting, gathering ideas and concepts, and learning from other bloggers is such an awesome experience. Hope you’ve had time to check out my blog (no pressure). Have a great day!!!
      And much love to you too…Elle

      Delete
  2. Hey! This is such a sweet message! If you have time, stop over and read my blog post today; "And Peter"...I think you would like it! Blessings!

    ~joy!
    Vicky @ sleeping in an unmade bed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for sharing Vicky =) I love other encouraging blogs & posts. Will check it out!
      Much Love!

      Delete