Image Map

Monday 2 April 2012

[On My Heart] Mondays. {Encouragement In Surprising Places}


Sometimes the Lord catches my attention through the things around me in life.
This past week I was having a moment when I was struggling...
I was in the car driving down the highway and this song comes on my ipod.



Feels like I've been here forever,
Why can't you just intervene,
Do you see the tears keep falling?
And I'm falling apart at the seams,
But you never said the road would be easy,
But you said that you would never leave.
And you never promised that this life wasn't hard,
But you promised you'd take care of me,
So I'll stop searching for the answers,
I'll stop praying for an escape
And I'll trust you God with where I am
And believe you will have your way,
Just have your way,
Just have your way,
My friends and my family have left me
I feel so ashamed and so cold,
Remind me you take broken things and turn them into beautiful
So I'll stop searching for the answers,
I'll stop praying for an escape
I'll trust you God with where I am,
And believe you will have your way,
Just have your way,
Just have your way,
Even if my dreams have died,
Even if I don't survive,
I'll still worship you with all my life...


What beautiful truth written in these lyrics. God doesn't promise that this life will be easy. His goal is not for us to have it easy in this world, or be influencial or wealthy. But he does promise to take care of us. The book of Job is a wonderful reminder of this truth.
Learning to trust the Lord with where we are and believing His beautiful plans for us is such a wonderful lesson to learn.
It may not be easy....
but He is with us friends.
Every step of the way.
He does promise that.



'Even though I walk
   through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
   for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
   they comfort me.'
{Psalm 23:4}



Remember His truth.
Much Love,
L



Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Great song with so many biblical truths! Thanks for sharing and encouraging us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just awesome!! I was so amazed by the lyrics....beautiful truth! =) I'm sure glad you were encouraged girl!

      Delete
  2. L! This is just what I needed. Like I said in my vlog the other day, I have been going through some tough times this past school year. Friendships have come and gone and people have hurt me. I needed to listen to this song and remember that God is testing me, allowing me to learn from this. He he having this happen for my good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He totally is Rachel! =) He has beautiful plans for you girl! Cling to Jer 29:11....it is SO true! =)
      Love your heart, as does He =)

      Delete
  3. I found your blog from Everything Espy and truly enjoyed this post. I think no matter where we are in life, these reminders are so sweet. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay! Well I'm happy you came to hang out Becky! =)
      It is so true! They are such timeless reminders, so helpful whatever stage in life =) Much Love friend!

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, I love you too! So thankful for you! =)

      Delete
  5. beautiful song and your heart is beautiful girl. thanks for sharing truth today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww well thanks girl, you're so sweet =)
      I'm so glad you enjoyed it! =)

      Delete