Image Map

Monday 9 April 2012

{On My Heart} Mondays. [Soaring Eagles.]


While I was reading a book recently there was a beautiful conversation in it about soaring eagles.
The girl was talking about seeing an eagle and how they ride the currents up into the heavens, riding them soaring and dipping with the wind
When out of nowhere two smallish crows came along. 
Rather than leave the eagle alone, they started irritating it, poking at it, flying into it and trying to knock it off its course.
The eagle was unfazed by the crows and kept riding the currents, flying in big arcs and circles moving high with the wind until the smaller birds left it alone.


They then went on to talk about how people can be like the eagle and crow in the situation.
How those that shine or soar like the eagle are often those which are picked on or targeted by others.


How important it came across to me that we should forgive people who are like the crows and have harmed us in our lives. How like the eagle, we need to keep our focus on the things above. To be focused on Christ, to keep flying like the eagle to higher ground. To that place where Christ is what matters, and we don't spend out time and energy focusing on people in life who hurt us. 



Sometimes we can feel that the world is against us with what we are trying to do. Whether they are against the way we are trying to live to please the Lord, against whatever work he has called us to missionally, or just feel they are against us.....there are many days when we can relate to the eagle. 


But other times we are in fact the crow.
In those moments we need to make things right with those we harm or hurt, 
and right before the Lord.
To change our actions with the Lord's help and ask Him to forgive us.
And ask for forgiveness from others if appropriate.


I just wanted to share this insightful imagery I found.
I found it encouraging & such a wonderful reminder of where my focus should be.

Much Love,
L

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Wow! That is beautiful imagery! Thanks for the encouragement. =)
    Alesha <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! Thank you for sharing...I think we all need to be encouraged in this way from time to time. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and so true...You have a way with words, girl! I hope everyone heeds your words on this topic. Too many people forget!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is such a powerful picture! It reminds me that forgiveness is essential to focusing on God. Thanks for sharing, love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful meaning behind this.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great reminder! We get into trouble when we take our eyes off of Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grateful for these words today...and that you linked up at Graceful this week...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keeping our focus on God will renew our strength and keep us on the right course! I love the verse in Isaiah 40:31 -"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." What an encouragement! Incidentally, today, my husband saw a bald eagle and snapped a picture of it and sent it to me. It was incredible because we live in an area of California where very seldom does an eagle ever come. I think maybe with your post and my husband's photo God was reminding me of His verse in Isaiah...and to keep my hope in the Lord! Thanks for linking up today for Sharing His Beauty! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for linking this up! I love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great reminders!

    How easily I get distracted by the crows when I'm having my "eagle moments." : )

    Thanks for linking up at Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL!

    ReplyDelete