Image Map

Thursday 19 April 2012

'Two Hearts In Love' Thursdays. [Kiddos In Wedding Party]


One of the many cute parts in a wedding for me, is seeing the little kiddos involved in the Wedding party. I have seen so many different things done, like one flower girl & one ring bearer to many of both.
 I guess it depends on how many children there are in your family and how many you want to include.
If you have multiple nieces and nephews you may end up with all of them to avoid hurting anyone's feelings. Or you may just select one to keep it simple.
It probably doesn't really matter, but my guess is that you don't want to upset anyone.


I chose by talking to one of A's cousins and finding out which kids would probably really want to do it the most. Then asked those kids to be a part of our wedding.
I tried to keep it fairly simple for them, our flower girl wore a dress she wore for a previous wedding and we just added a colored sash to it, it worked really well.
Our ring bearer had a little suit which came from a thrift store and my MIL sewed a little band & a bowtie for his outfit to match the flower girl's sash.
It looked super cute =)
I think the basket was also a thrift find and the pillow came from walmart.


I also did not give the ring bearer the actual rings. I just didn't want to give a 3yr-old that responsibility.
So I tied 2 plain rings I had in my costume jewellery to the pillow.
The Maid of Honor and Best Man kept the rings for us on their fingers until the appropriate time in the ceremony.
I think traditionally ring bearers and flower girls are between the age of 4 and 8.
Both of ours were 3 I think.
Their parents also sat crouched at the front of the church so all they had to do was walk to them & a little toy on the step.


They did a really good job =)
They also went first at our wedding.
I think traditionally they usually go just before the bride which has created such a cute idea of them carrying 'here comes the bride signs.'
I am IN LOVE with those. They are the cutest thing!



Anyway too much stinkin cuteness in today's pictures.
Enjoy!







Much Love,
L


P.S. I couldn't resist showing this cutie in her formal dress. I really hope the Lord blesses us with a girl some day. This outfit is TOO CUTE!





Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I am oo-ing and aahhh-ing over ALL these pictures!! HOW adorable! :) I love the little girl dresses, especially the last one you shared on my FB wall - AHHHH i hope we both have little girls someday and can do a photoshoot with them wearing outfits like that...!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that was cute overload. I want to go to a wedding now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh i agree. too cute! i also love the groom's face when everyone is looking at the bride. precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your blog. I love the message you put forward and your photography is beautiful. I just got married in July and I still secretly love looking at other people's wedding photography! I'm a new follower!

    -Chelsea

    http://ecdearaujo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. your wedding looks perfect...good for you!! and fun to look at all the pics.
    i am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww the ring bearer outfit is pretty cute. I like the pink cummerbund and bowtie, but I'm not sure most boys would be opened to wearing pink.

    ReplyDelete