Image Map

Wednesday 11 April 2012

What you find in an old box.


As I was cleaning out the many boxes we have of forgotten items (how can 2 people accumulate so many things)....
I came across a collection of pictures and quotes/bible verses I had up in my room at college.


I have been meaning to read some of my old journals to look back on all the Lord has done for me.
It is so encouraging to my faith to see ways in which the Lord answered prayers.
To see the verses that were helpful in discouraging situations.


And also such a reminder that no difficult situation lasts forever.

'I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,
and He turned to me and heard my cry.'
Psalm 40:1



Looking back on some of these pictures I remember the difficulties I was going through, how they felt like they would go on forever.
How impossible it was to imagine how the Lord was going to work these situations for His good.

'Wait patiently for the Lord.
Be brave and courageous.
Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.'
Psalm 28:14


Yet He did.
In so many unbelievable ways...what He had for me was SO much better than I could have dreamt up.

'Your unfailing Love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
Your justice like the ocean depths.'
Psalm 36:5-6



So these pictures will be finding a place in my keepsake box.
So that in a few more years I might once again find them....and be encouraged by all the Lord has done in my life.

How good He is to us.

Much Love,
L



Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. This makes me wish I would have kept a journal! How amazing to look back and see how far you've come :) The stuff just keeps accumulating... I ask myself how we got so much stuff all the time. I need a dumpster :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful :) and those pictures made me smile and laugh! i love your perspective and heart, and i wish we were closer so we could go through boxes together! ;)
    this post totally inspired me in an unexpected way - i was inspired by the little quotes you have written beside the pictures. love you L!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite things in the whole world is looking back at old prayer journals. He is so faithful! I am so happy to have stumbled upon your cute blog! Hope you are having a wonderful week! :)

    xo Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is incredible that you kept your journal! I wish I knew where mine were! Thanks for sharing!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete