Image Map

Thursday 22 March 2012

'Two Hearts In Love' Thursdays. [Invitations]

I would totally love to see what invitation you guys have used or are planning on using to invite people to your wedding.
Everyone's invitations are so unique. 
You can buy them on clearance (this is totally what I did, they were from Target).
Or you can handmake them.
It really depends on how much you want to spend, how much time you have, how creative you are. 
Or even just what you want them to look like.

I found some really classy black and white ones which I printed in my family's printer and added ribbon to. We created a factory in our dining room for a few hours having everyone able to help doing something for them.
They were printed, then each one had a map included on how to get from the church to the reception, as well as a picture from our engagement pictures collection & a ribbon added to the invitation.
I am not sure if I have a picture of what they looked like.
But you can see them in the mess of the table in the first picture.

Some things to note about invitations:
  • The list of options for what they look like really is endless, look around online and see what you might want to do
  • Make sure you have them out early enough that people know when your wedding is (especially if summer and people you know travel a lot), or send out save the dates if you think you will need them
  • Include website details if you plan on having people RSVP online, this is totally what we did as our invitations were sorted according to continent (no joke) and we couldn't do return mail on them
  • If you include website details, you can totally add registry information later, if not you prob should include your registry details somewhere on your invitation
  • Include a picture =) People like me love them and put them on the fridge for years
  • Don't forget that even if someone can't come to the wedding, they might still want to receive an invitation to keep (we did this for A LOT of people)
  • Don't panic at the number you send out, I think only about 70% of most people come to weddings...it might even be less than that. So feel free to invite more than the actual headcount you budget for. We invited about 370 people to our wedding and about 140 came. So you see how that works.
  • You don't have to use your wedding colors for your invitations if you don't want to. You can totally go with another combination for the invitation, I think it leaves people guessing =)
If I could redo our invitations, I might choose from some of these designs:




















I LOVE the calligraphy writing on the invitation front. So cute.
Oh yeah....we also used a wax seal on ours. What a neat tip....find an old earring you dont like very much, like a stud....then use a candle and make that your seal print. Its not expensive and it looks super cute =)
Hope that helps with all your planning.
Much Love,
L

P.S. Leave me a comment - I want to hear all about those invitations =)

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. wedding invites... ah- makes me want to get married again! i loved picking out and designing them. so much fun!! cute blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had my cousin design ours! they are so beautiful & were our wedding gift from her! she is wicked talented, so that was really exciting :)

    ReplyDelete