Image Map

Thursday 29 March 2012

'Two Hearts In Love' Thursdays. [Guestbook Ideas]

 
I thought I would share a few guestbook ideas I have had floating around with you guys today.
I still love the idea we did for our own wedding although I have found many others which I LOVE as well.
For our wedding, I ordered a photobook online of our engagment pictures and had them on plain white backgrounds so that people could write around them. I love this book, it is full of such wonderful messages from people who travelled to come and be with us as we were married before the Lord.

Such a beautiful keepsake.


You can order these from sites likle Shutterfly or Snapfish. Oh and Shutterfly often send you free codes for their products, just leaving you to pay shipping. I have ordered 2 photobooks in the last year from them (one was finished last night) only paying about $8 for them (shipping). 
So if you aren't getting married for a while and you want a guestbook, you could totally wait until they have another free photobook deal going on.


We set it up on a table at the reception with the gems you can see in the first picture (totally walmart's wedding aisle) and some candles I found on clearance in Walmart also. 
I don't have a picture of what it looked like, but I was really happy with the effect. 

I would highly recommend getting engagements pictures taken, there are so many things you can use them for in decorating for your wedding. 
People like me who love pictures just LOVE this aspect of weddings. 
Plus it makes for a fun date in the midst of all the sometimes crazy planning =)
We actually had 2 sets done. One by A's cousin who is an AWESOME photographer, and another by our wedding photographer who did an engagement session with us.
Of course, his pictures turned out pretty unbelieveable.
We didn't plan to have 2 sessions...but it worked out that way.
And it gave us a much wider selection of photos to choose from =)

Since our wedding, I have seen the thumbprint idea being used for a guestbook...which is just darling! 
I so wish I had known about this beforehand.
I would love to make one for someone.
Here are some pictures of what I am talking about:

{via}

Wouldn't they just look super cute hanging up in a newlywed home =) 
Such a beautiful reminder of all the people who were a part of the ceremony before the Lord.
All the people praying for them & cheering them on in their married life. 
I have seen this done where the guests themselves make the fingerprints....if you do this at your wedding don't forget to bring paper wipes for after =)
A few other sweet ideas I love:




Of course if you can't choose, I'm sure you could have several of these at your wedding. 
As a guest it is great to have things to do during the reception or when arriving places. 
Happy picking! 

I love the little cute things like this at weddings.
So sweet.

Much Love,
L


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness i love that one with the leaves... sooo cute. i got married a long time ago.. people werent as creative back then..haha.. i had a plain ole store bought guest book. but these ideas can come in handy eleswhere too i think.. =) cute cute cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the Polaroid picture idea! I wish we would have done that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo...I LOVE the fingerprint paint idea! so, whenever I get married..u are going to be my wedding planner :) deal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ABSOLUTELY =) It would be an honor girl! =)

      Delete