Image Map

Monday 16 July 2012

Family Vacation at the Lake.


A and I just returned from a really fun family vacation at the lake.
I am pretty sure your extended family is not as big as A's is.
But they are crazy fun.

A week of sleeping in a cabin, playing tons of volleyball (no joke it feels like vball camp), sailing, tubing, attempts at water skiing and just hanging out with people we don't see very often.

So I thought I would share with you guys a few pictures of what we have been up to this past week.
Kind of explains why I haven't replied to any emails, comments or tweets lately.
But I'm trying to get to them all don't worry.














It has been such a fun week of relaxing, having fun, spending time with family and treasuring new friendships. 
I caught up on reading some books which have been on my reading list for a while.
I also felt the Lord speaking to me throughout the week about a particular topic which I plan on sharing with you later in the week, but as usual I'm nervous as its going to be a continued area of learning I'm sure.


I also have to brag a little about the awesome guy that won a family sailing race, yes that would be my wonderful hubby. 
He is an awesome hottie I tell ya.

Oh and a hilarious story for you.
I hesitantly decided to try water skiing for the first time.
Yes. Gulp.
Me in the middle of the lake.
So a few of us head out early in the morning while the lake is smooth, my SIL takes her turn and a cousin has hers. 
Then its my turn. I pray for safety.
I actually got into the middle of the lake. (wearing a lifevest don't worry
Then I'm situated with the skis on. And the boat won't start.
No really.....nothing.
I'm drifting out from the boat and trying hard not to freak out. LOL.
Then we decide it's better to pull me back in and start paddling back to the shore.
Then next hr and a half consists of us pushing a boat. (Full of 28 gallons of gas I might add)
But praise the Lord, there was no wind, and we were directly next to the camp (just maybe a mile or so out). And several people saw us and brought kayaks out to help.
So anyway....I still haven't tried water skiing. 
But hey, it was an adventure right?


Anyway I need to head out and make spaghetti for dinner before A gets home from work.
Enjoy the pictures.

What have you been thankful for this week?

Much Love,
L

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. You guys look so cute and happy!! :) I bet it was a blast. I tried water skiing once... let's just say it didn't end up so well. I could never get up! Glad to see you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to see you posting!! :) What a fun vacation that must have been. And the almost-water-skiing story was hilarious!! :D Sometime you'll have to really try it (I never have...although tubing sounds fun!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man...looks like a super fun weekend. I'm looking forward to next summer when I can get out into the water and be active again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what cute pictures! My family and I love going to the lake too - we already took ours a month ago. :) I would love for you to link this post over at Loving Life Wednesdays! Blessings, Lauren, lholmes79.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time with family and on the lake= bliss! It looks like ya'll had a wonderful time!

    happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha crazy story with the water skiing! It looks like y'all had a lovely, refreshing time away. Can't wait to hear what the Lord has been teaching you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like so much fun!! You took some great pictures. It makes me look forward to our vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How big is his extended family? It sounds a lot like mine :) Super thankful for my blogging friends. It's great to live vicariously through all these amazing women :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love these pictures!
    we went to TN a when i was younger and was taught how to ski...one morning my mom came in at sunset and draggggggged us out to the lake to go skiing...def not the best idea. have you ever tried wake boarding? it's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete