Image Map

Friday 27 July 2012

Coming to an End.

(this post was written last night btw)

Finally I can say the packing feels like it is almost done.
Of course as I write that sentence, I am aware that we leave for Kentucky super duper early tomorrow 
and I haven't packed for the weekend yet.
But not to worry....I am a pro by now.


Today I even managed to tackle the outside of the house:

Weed entire side yard
Weed front yard
Clean outside of windows
Wash the car for sale
Vacuum inside of the car for sale
Remove objects we want to pack (almost there!)
Reorganise area where the trash cans are
Pick up loose leaves (leftover from a storm)

I tackled the outside today after going stir-crazy being inside looking at boxes.
They are just piling up in every room now.
Minus the bedroom.....I felt like there needed to be one room of sanity.
But it is looking quite bare in there now with everything off the walls and half the stuff gone. 



Lets see some picture progress shall we:






I will be sad to leave our first home.
It was such a provision from God at a time when we needed it.
But I am really excited at where the Lord is taking us, so it is bittersweet.
I know good things will come of this.



I am trusting Jeremiah 29:11:

'For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, 
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, 
plans to give you hope and a future.'


With the way everything happened so fast with a job for A,
I can't deny it was totally the Lord who orchestrated all those details.
So I don't doubt that He will help us find a place to live.
(We are moving in with friends temporarily as our lease is up)

Those are my tired thoughts at the upcoming end of packing up our home.
Obviously I am gone this weekend in Kentucky for a wedding.
I just love weddings, such a picture of Christ's love for us.


So I am leaving you with a guest post by Elise from the Dear Family on Saturday.
Its a good one, be sure to check it out.


Much Love & tired happy smiles,
L


(A took me out for dinner after I finished packing & he came home from work)


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks like it's coming along great! Moving is such a hassle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, a new adventure! I'm excited to see where you will go too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand the moving thing!! We are in the process of packing and wow, my house has never looked so torn up! ha. by the way, I'm a new follower and I hope you don't mind me stealing your button to post on my blog! Such a cute blog, I hate not to share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so exciting that you are almost done packing! and i wish you luck on your move :)

    p.s. i'm your newest follower :)
    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete