Image Map

Saturday 10 November 2012

The Jumbled Suitcase Thoughts.


 This was packing for the Influence Conference almost a month ago.
I realise there are still more things to share from that impactful weekend.
So this is me grabbing coffee with you Saturday morning,  Praising God with you its the weekend.
Catching up on some final thoughts on the Influence conference.
Or more of a jumble of thoughts really.


I had a lot of thoughts about what to wear in the days leading up to the conference.
(As you can tell from the mess in the picture above)
I'm not sure why there was as much thought into my appearance as there was while packing.
Normally, I do take time to make sure I don't have food on my face before leaving the house and things.
But not usually quite so much attention to detail on my appearance.
I think honestly, I was terrified of what people were going to think of me before I went.


So I pulled together my five cutest outfits and packed those.
Still feeling insecure about myself.
So did the other two hundred girls I later found out from reading their posts.


Maybe there were a few who honestly didn't care.
About what others thought.
About what they looked like.


Our insecurities kept a lot of us from getting to know each other, as Kerrie wrote about HERE.
Until God met us that last night in a time of worship. Finally, I could see my sisters in the room.
Sisters in Christ. Where it didn't matter who had the most influence. We were all loved by God.
I echo Kerrie's thoughts on that evening.


The cute outfits were worn and thrown back in the suitcase by the end of the trip.
Forgotten about until it was time to do the laundry.
But the sweet friendships that were made.
The coffees shared among sweet friends.
Those remain, even today.
Blessed to call so many beautiful women, friend.







Much Love,
L

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. It's me and my blonde friends! Love these photos!

    That worship session changed things, yes? I hope you know now that your sweet spirit defines your beauty and Jesus defines your worth! LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are cute pictures. that was a great night of worship. maybe next year worship will be on the first & last night too :)

    ReplyDelete