Image Map

Sunday 26 August 2012

Receipe: Mango Salsa


Since its coming to the end of the summer, I didn't want you guys to miss out 
on this awesome receipe.
I'm a huge fan of salsa and mexican food in general....
but as mangos will only be in season for a little bit longer, this one is a must currently.
(Also Qdoba have the mango salad right now which is AMAZING....if you live in the states, 
you really should go try their salad....no really!)

So here is my adapted version of a mango salsa receipe.

Fresh Mango Salsa 
2 mangoes, diced
1 medium cucumber, diced (peeled if you want)
1 red bell pepper
1/4 cup green onion
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 lime, juiced
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
a pinch or two of salt


Dice the mangos, cucumber, pepper, onion and place into tall Tupperware.
The add cilantro, lime juice, sugar and salt.
Put the lid on the container and shake well.
Serve with favorite salted chips.


(I added too much sugar without meaning too and actually....it turned out really well.
Especially since the mangos weren't quite as sweet as they could be)

They also have strawberries added to some of the receipes on Pinterest.
They look really yummy!


Much Love,
L

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Ohhh! yum! yum! I will try that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had dinner with some friends last night. They bought a mango salsa from the market down the street & my husband and I loved it. So glad you posted this recipe because we can't seem to stop thinking about mango salsa. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe looks delish! Thanks for sharing. :)

    -jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. My housemates and I are going to make some :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mango salsa! I add yellow onion instead of green and jalapeno instead of bell pepper but basically any combination of pepper, cucumber and mango= so good and refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mango salsa! I've had a peach & vidalia onion version a few weeks ago and it was amazing! I definitely want to try yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks scrumptious -- I'd love this over tilapia or grilled chicken, too! Thanks for Sharing (found you over at Women Living Well).

    http://princapecos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing with the Thrive @ Home community!

    ReplyDelete