Image Map

Friday 24 August 2012

Bridal Shower Planning & Tutorial.


My sister is the first person I have ever been Maid of Honor for.
So I am totally loving these few weeks before heading across the Atlantic 
mainly because I have been able to plan her Bridal Shower.
Here are some ideas so far:
(I know she doesn't read my blog....if you do happen to be on here sister STOP READING)


{via}

I went to party city and picked up some cupcake holders like these so that we can make a garland of flowers with fairy lights.
(Totally appropriate for indoor or outdoor depending on the weather, its England after all!)

And these pompoms will be in pink & silver.


{via}

I picked up some other fun things like a sash for her to wear and a Banner.
(I debated making a bunting but decided there were enough things to DIY)
I'm super excited to see all these things made up once we get there.
I will totally try and take some pictures of the finished product for you guys.



I also wanted to share a tutorial for the craft we will be doing together at the shower.



My sister has lately been into crafts so my mom & I decided we would add that as an activity to do as there won't be any gift opening
(partially because bringing gifts to a shower in England is not a tradition there and also cause they are moving to the States so we are asking everyone to have them shipped instead)



So.......



{I apologize for the bad lighting, this is due to the fact that our humble abode is currently a basement}


Materials Needed:
~ 2 earring pieces ~
~ 6 jump rings (I used 4mm) ~
~ 6 head pins (I used different lengths from a variety pack) ~
~ 1 larger pearl bead & 2 smaller ~
~ Jewellery making tool (I used A's Leatherman, but flat pliers would work) ~



Start by making a chain with your 3 jump rings (for one earring) and connect them to your earring piece using your tool.




Place the larger pearl bead on a long headpin and using the tool, bend it back to form a loop which ends back at the pearl.
(You may also want to loop the headpin through the last jump ring in the chain you made in the previous step, before you close it completely) 



Repeat the same process with the two smaller pearls, attaching them both to the first jump ring in your chain instead of the last. 


And repeat the entire process to make your second earring. 



And there you have a simple craft and a beautiful pair of drop pearl earrings.
Of course you can totally personalise these by adding more pearls to different jump rings 
and using different sized beads. And even make them longer by making a longer chain of rings.

Oh and just fyi, I bought all the supplies for $15 from Michaels (not the Leatherman though).

Happy Crafting!!

And if anyone tries to make these, I totally want to see your creation.


Much Love,
L


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. fun craft idea! I'm sure it will be a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! I love the craft and can't wait to see the final product of the party! =)
    Alesha <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. those flower ideas are super cute! new follower and looking forward to reading more!
    misty @ http://monkeysandtutus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tutorials! Thanks for sharing...oh by the way, go check out my blog - I nominated you for the super cool Versatile Blog Award! Because you're awesome, that's why!!! haha.

    ReplyDelete