Image Map

Monday 13 August 2012

25lbs of WOW.


Berry picking in this country brings me so much joy. Well I should add fruit picking since
I also love the apple picking in the Fall.
It's the first time I have lived in a country where you could actually pick so many
different types. Can you pick potatoes in England? (Not that I ever did! lol)




So this past week I went with my mother-in-law and younger sister-in-laws to the berry farm
where we headed back to the patch labelled wow. 
And WOW.
Yes....berries everywhere you look. Just falling into your hands in bunches.
We had so much fun standing around for a few hours picking those berries.
And now of course they are in the house in abundance.




So I want to hear your favorite blueberry recipes.
(I have frozen a ton of the lbs of berries so they don't go bad)
But since we have them in abundance, I would love to try some of your favorite recipes.
So please share away in the comments.


How are you guys enjoying your summer?

Much Love,
L




Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. I wish I had a berry recipe. The only thing I do with them is throw them all in a blender for a smoothie. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is just great from one of my favorite blogs. So happy you had a great time with your in-laws. :)
    http://www.insidebrucrewlife.com/2012/07/blueberry-cheesecake-danish.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. we just planted blueberry bushes in our back yard earlier this summer...fresh blueberries are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fruit picking! I don't know any blueberry recipes, but I wish I lived near a fruit farm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have any blueberry recipes but when you asked for them all I could think about was the Gilmore Girls episode where Sookie made blueberry shortcake. Then when Lorelai brought it to her mom's house Emily first claimed it didn't exist and after finding out it was leftover responded "You brought us used dessert?". Just a glimpse into my thought process. Jealous of your berry picking adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from Miscelleny Monday! I have no recipes (horrible cook) but I am so jealous that you have fresh blueberries! So good!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO fun! :) I love these pics, girl. Also - loving the comment above by Ameera about Gilmore Girls :) :)

    Also love that striped top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been so long since I've seen how you guys are doing and I am SO happy for you that A got a job! Praise the Lord! We are still praying for that for Joel. Are you still updating your other blog as well? My new email address isn't allowed to see it, so I just wanted to make sure (caitkady at gmail.com).
    We just went blueberry picking too! We picked 11 pounds...so delicious. We mostly wanted them for smoothies and have one almost every day. I also made a blueberry syrup though...simmer a tablespoon of water for every cup of berries you use (it condenses quite a lot), plus a squeeze of lemon juice or zest and a drop of vanilla, and a half cup of honey (or to taste). Simmer until syrupy and as you like it :) It thickens up a lot when cold though, so keep that in mind while it's hot! It's good on pancakes and yogurt and stuff like that.

    with love,
    Cait

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh I love picking fresh fruit too! You can never have too much! this is our fav blueberry muffin recipe: http://www.kenjiandjen.com/2011/06/healthy-muffin-deconstructed.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up at Thrive @ Home! Fresh fruit - fabulous! I wish we had a chance to get out and go picking. Maybe when my little ones are a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love picking blueberries, but missed the picking season here this summer. I like making my Quick & Easy Fruit Cobbler with my favorite berries. http://blog.jennimullinix.com/the-art-of-sharing-a-meal-hospitality-and-fruit-cobbler-recipe/

    ReplyDelete