Image Map

Saturday 11 August 2012

As the dawn breaks, I will praise His name.





'Shout joyful praises to God, all the earth!
Sing about the glory of his name!
Tell the world how glorious he is.
Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds!
Your enemies cringe before your mighty power.
Everything on earth will worship you;
they will sing your praises,
shouting your name in glorious songs.'
[Psalm 66:1-4]


I so wish I was a morning person. But I am definitely a night owl. 
Some of my most creative ideas and deepest thoughts have happened late into the night. 
However on our recent trip to Kentucky, we left before the sun rose. 
As I was unable to sleep, I watched the sun rise over the fields and shine through the fog.
It was such a beautiful even to watch.
I couldn't help but be in awe of the Lord while watching. 

Whenever I am awake early enough to watch the sun rise, I never regret it.
As pretty as sunsets are, I think the sunrise is definitely more eventful.
Maybe its because I don't see it as often.

Either way, I hope someday it will become a regular occurrence to rise early
and watch the sunrise while praising Jesus.


Much Love,
L






Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Love all these pictures, and such a great verse! Thanks for sharing this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Still Saturday. I am a morning person and I love sunrises (as well as sunsets). Your photos are lovely. As many sunrises as I have seen, each one is unique - made by the Creator.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. sunrises are so beautiful :) I don't see enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite sunrise ever was on Easter Sunday my freshman year of college. The beach in Chicago has the most amazing sunrises. Sing praises on such a meaningful morning was absolutely breathtaking. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! I always think of Psalm 19 when I see the beauty of creation. I have nominated you for the Liebster blog award at http://faithhopeabound.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pink sky grace to you
    in your early morning rising:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking a lot lately about becoming a morning person. Thanks for the extra encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been an early-morning person, but occasionally it occurs and the sky is so much more gorgeous than just about anything I ever saw. Yours were lovely... and obviously you loved them, too.

    Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that verse. Thank you for sharing.

    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete