Image Map

Monday 21 May 2012

{On My Heart} Why I Blog.


I set out this afternoon to write a post about something the Lord has been teaching me for a few weeks now. 
I still hope to share that content with you later in the week.
However as I was rereading the material which had been heavily placed on my heart I felt myself drawn to an article written by Leslie Ludy on blogging.


You can read the article HERE. (see p.8)

In fact if you are in love with Jesus & a blogger, I recommend that you do.



There are a lot of personal details about my life which I do not share on my blog.
Over the past few months I have wondered if I should change this about my blogging style.
After reading this article I feel personally convicted that actually keeping some mystery about my dreams & identity is a good thing.
I don't want my blog to read like a personal diary.
I am certainly not perfect & I don't claim to be. That is not why I keep mystery about myself.
But there are some things which I should share with only the lover of my soul, and the husband He has provided me with.


While this might make me unpopular in the blogging world.....I feel the need to make that clear.

My goal for my blog is to share Jesus.
To share things He has been teaching me.
To edify.
To encourage you in your own journey with Him.


That's it.


If I am not blogging to bring attention to Him, then I have not achieved my goal.
My blog, like my life....
Should be more about Him, Less about me.


I do share a lot of pictures.
That's probably one of the first things people who know me have learned about me.

I Love photography.
A lot of my pictures on my blog are of me.
I'm not totally ok with this.
So it may change in future.
If I lived near a sister or Kindred Spirit, I would probably use pictures of her.
(I have not figured out what Lord is wanting me to change yet in this area)



I just want to make it clear that I am not trying to draw attention to myself through this.
That is not my goal. And please feel free to email me and tell me if you see this pattern in me.


 'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.'
{1 Peter 3:3-4}



I have gone back and forth a little lately about how content I am with the way my blog may be portrayed.
As much as I don't want my blog to be known as an 'all about me' blog....I equally don't want to be known for 'fake preacher' blogging.
So I really want to make my heart clear.....
I share here what the Lord has been teaching me personally, in the hope that you would be encouraged (edified). 
So that together we may spur one another on in our mutual love for the Lord.


I want you guys to test everything I write again the Word of God.
I am an imperfect person sharing from a sinner's perspective.
So please do not take what I have to say as truth.
Test it against the only true truth we have, God's word.
 I get things wrong.
A lot.

But there is grace.
And I am thankful.



For now, I do not feel the Lord calling me to stop blogging.
But He has made it perfectly clear to me, that I need to not hold onto this should He ask me to stop completely.
If I feel that I am no longer on a good path with influence in the blogging world, I will make a quiet exit


I Love meeting all of you beautiful ladies, I never knew that there was such a community out there of godly women who encourage me & really spur me on in my pursuit of Christ.
As much as I value getting to know you all.
I need to make sure my heart is right before the Lord.
Always.


I have not been questioned by anyone or asked to reassess whether I should blog.
I just felt a nudge to share my heart for why I am doing this.
Once again to encourage you.
I don't keep up with all the comments posted on here, 
and I am truly sorry but I can't make a committment to do so.
I would love to be encouraging you personally & know how to be praying for you, so if that is the case feel free to email me.

But comments, followers & pageviews need to not be so heavy on my radar anymore.
For they are not helping me with what I am trying to accomplish.
So I am not trying to be rude if I don't reply to you.

Just email me instead.
Or add me on twitter.

Much Love In Christ Sisters,

L
 



Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. this is BEEUTIFUL Lisa!! (: I love love your posts.. their always so real. <3 I sent you an email about sponsoring this month by the way.. :)

    x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say that I totally respect your decisions in this. I completely identify with your goals and desires dir your blog...I want to encourage and push other closer to Jesus, but I need to make sure that I am not letting it get in the way of my personal walk with Him. Keep seeking Jesus first. It is a privilege to be able to follow along in your walk through life by reading your blog. Your posts do really encourage me. So thank you.
    Alesha <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, and I agree. God should be the center of our lives in everything we do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always good to hear the reasons why people blog. As a fellow Christ follower I really appreciate the points you have made here about not trying to portray yourself as perfect. Very good stuff. Thank you for sharing. Found you through a link up. Happy to be your newest member here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I respect what you wrote on your blog... we certainly cannot keep up with every single comment (especially if we work full time as well as keep home, cook, clean, etc). I have tried to keep up with lot of comments and found it wears me out amongst my other daily duties both to Christ and my husband. However, I will do my best to keep fellowship with others online and look out for their interests wherever I can without the relationships aforementioned suffering. I can do no better.

    Thanks for sharing what's on your heart re: your blog. It's not about followers, hits, etc (although these are nice) - it's about Jesus first and foremost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are convictions that I have felt on my heart as well. It is good to reassess our motivation for things and check them with the Lord. I have done this many times myself. Blogging to bring glory to Him and not to yourself is a powerful testimony. God bless you in your ministry :) stopping by from Gracelaced.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen!! Great post, and I just love your heart and purpose!!

    Blessings♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's encouraging to hear your honesty about motivation and vision for blogging. In a culture of so much comparison and shallow information, we as bloggers, must know who our audience truly is, and stay focused on that mission. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You write: If I am not blogging to bring attention to Him, then I have not achieved my goal.
    My blog, like my life....
    Should be more about Him, Less about me.
    This is so true and I hope as a fellow blogger I am doing this. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really thankful for this. It's nice to know someone else out there has the same beliefs about blogging. It's less about secrecy. More about sacredness. <3 Nice to meet you, L <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you, dear sweet L, for your honesty, truthfulness and encouragement.

    I don't think you share too much or too little, so don't worry about that. What each person shares on their blog is entirely up to them. I also feel that each person has their own unique purpose for blogging--but I think a lot of us have things in common. :)

    I, too, want my blog to be first and foremost about Jesus, and what he is doing in my life. I, too, want to honor and glorify him in everything.

    Thank you for this reminder, reassurance, and encouragement! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your reason for blogging is perfectly beautiful.

    Thanks for linking up to Graceful this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this was really great and encouraging :)
    sometimes we need to be in the quiet and hidden place.
    sometimes God reveals things to us that is meant only for us :)
    i like the freedom we have with blogging. if we get caught up in the rules, then we forget why we started in the first place!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. L... what a fantastic post. and i think your blog is just lovely the way it is. this is something that i've really wrestled with as well- wanting to glorify God in my blogging and not myself. i do think that you have to show a little bit of you in order to minister because the Lord has created you just the way you are in order to worship and glorify Him. YOU were made for His glory.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Honestly, hearing more about who you are is very interesting and encouraging to me. I don't have a lot - or really, any - friends that are at the same place in life as I am (or dealing with it with the same heart).

    Finding your blog is really encouraging to me, honestly. I'm also enjoying my second year of marriage (and I have a little one on the way) and am striving to be the woman God has called me to be. My husband and I do plan on adopting kids (when God leads us to) as well as have our own, and we have a desire for Africa - we expect to live much of our lives there in service to the King.

    I don't have a blog that I keep up too well, but I do have a poetry e-book through Amazon (if your curious) it's titled Beauty For Ashes by Alexandria M.K. Piche (without my name, you probably wont be able to find it).

    I would encourage you to check out www.irismin.org and google Heidi Baker (watch Youtube!) She is one of many who has been so inspirational to me, and I think it'd bless you and encourage you a lot to check her out.

    But L, honestly - I crave Kindred Spirits. Many women I know personally, though awesome people, don't have the convictions and heart-cravings that I have. Sometimes I get lonely.

    Your blog is encouraging to me - helping me to not get too discouraged or thinking I need to settle and be like everyone else. Continue to do what the Lord is telling you to do. Most blogs out there are lacking the humility and simplicity that yours has. It's refreshing. :)

    ReplyDelete