Image Map

Thursday 31 May 2012

Random Things.


I’m linking up with Sweet Nicole today for her ‘Speed date’link up
Awesome way to get to know a few really great bloggers out there.
So the idea is that I share some things that haven’t come up on my blog through my posts yet.
So I will give it a try anyway.



I am British. Although if you met me you probably wouldn’t be able to tell as I don’t have much of an accent anymore.

Some days I feel like Mary Poppins. Or a mother to 7-9 children.



I LOVE chocolate.

I moved around a lot growing up. I have lived in England, Europe, the Middle East and now the US. I have learned to see the current place I live as home. Maybe I’m just pretty adaptable =). The only country where it took me a long to settle was my 'home' country. Weird.

I gave my life to Jesus when I was 7 years old at a kid’s camp, where later I worked as a youth leader.

I played the flute for 9 yrs during school, taking some exams in it...then stopping when school finished.

I taught myself how to play piano in high school. 



I absolutely LOVE craft projects, scrapbooking, sewing, quilting, bead-making...you name it.

 My current project is making a Disney castle out of cardboard complete with Disney princess cut-out characters. This is done with a 4 yr-old don’t worry, not doing it by myself LOL =)

I never really did outgrow Disney and cheesy movies. Some of my favorite memories are sleepovers with girlfriends talking & hanging out.

I really dislike girl drama.



I met my husband when we both went to AWANA together. I liked the look of him the first time I saw him. I also introduced myself to him by walking up to him and standing on his feet. Apparently I scared him a little at the time.

After high school I didn’t know what I wanted to study at college, I took a gap year and interned with my youth group. During this time I discovered that I had a big heart for discipling younger girls! As well as a big heart for purity.

I got a purity ring from my parents after choosing to personally make a commitment to wait until marriage to give myself away to a guy. It was a plain band which my parents had engraved with ‘True Love Waits & the date I made the commitment.’ This ring became my husband’s wedding ring when we got married (his choice). 



When we were little, my sister and I spent a lot of time on boats. Our family owned a small sailboat where we used to spend summers and other vacations. We totally slept on it and bounced around in the cabin when the waters were rough.

I saved my first kiss for the altar as well, a decision that my hubby and I had made together after we officially started dating/courting. 

I went from having one sister to having 5 sisters once I got married. My sister is also soon to marry one of my hubby’s closest friends.

I have the cutest nephew ever! But don’t see him very often as he lives the other end of the country.

photo credit: My sister-in-Law


We live near my hubby’s crazy large extended family & I LOVE it so much!! They are all such wonderful people. 

Some days I don’t have the energy to do the laundry, cook dinner or make the bed....even though I wish I did. 

I am definitely a night owl. Once 10pm comes around, my brain usually comes up with TONS of fun projects or ideas and of course I want to start them right away!!

I always wish I had taken ballet or gymnastics when I was little.

I sometimes feel like Erin could have been my twin sister.



All of my best friends live in totally different cities to me. 

I broke my ankle on a trampoline when I was 18. Then went snowboarding for the first time 6 weeks after my cast came off. 

I may or may not have spoken to a celebrity about Christ while on a plane ride to LA. ;) Who knows.

I love to travel. One of my favorite memories is when the Lord called me to go on a mission trip to Africa 10 days before the trip was due to start. He opened all the doors for me to get the money & visas together in about 3 days. Which seemed impossible.


I Love sharing my heart about difficult life issues and feeling challenged by others about convictions and walking with the Lord.



I am super thankful for this crazy life the Lord has blessed me with.
There's many other things about me.
But for now, I will be done.
Any surprises for you guys?

Much Love,
L






This Little Momma

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. L, I loved this! How cool to find out all these little random facts about you! =) I may just have to join this link up...
    I identified with so many of these things you wrote! I started dating in high school and waited for my wedding day for my first kiss! I have a passion for working with high school girls and for purity. I did take ballet when I was younger, and loved it...but I was super not flexible. Lol...I'm practically writing my post here. =P
    All that to say, it was really fun to read and see random things we have in common!
    Alesha <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Such a fun post. I loved getting to know you a little more. :]

    - Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! I didn't know you had lived so many places! That is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm you're adorable. And you shared your faith with a celebrity on an airplane? Girl, you're too cool.

    Also, the story about you introducing yourself to your husband... too cute!! I volunteered with Awanas for like seven years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your husband wanted to use your True love Waits ring! That's so special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely don't sound British. & I know what you mean about having the hardest time adapting in your home country. Erin probably could be your twin, if she weren't Megan's & you weren't mine, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally with you on the princesses and sleepovers. In fact, I'm having a two-day big-girl sleepover with my best friend right now!! She is a friend who could be another version of me. :)

    and, ditto, I hate girl drama. My hall freshman year of college...BLAH.

    LOVE that your hubby used your purity ring for his wedding band. SO cool.

    Yeah, I identify with a lot of this. I like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved learning more about you ;) My grandmother is British and she broke me of my Southern accent, so now people wonder where I am from. I love that your hubby wears your promise ring. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really loved reading this! So good to get to know you!!
    Ok. Who was it??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I may steal this idea, such a wonderful way to get to know each other! I love that you are well traveled, something that is on my bucket list. & America is a melting pot of culture, I just love that about the US. What a cool idea for your husband to wear your purity ring as his wedding band! I'm sure it's a daily reminder of how precious a gift you are to him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey!! I emailed you!! :)

    x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun post to read!
    I want to know which celebrity you “possibly” spoke with…lol
    ~Elle (www.renewedcorner.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete