Image Map

Thursday 6 December 2012

Gloriously Encouraged by Alesha.





Gloriously Encouraged is a series where I have asked several beautiful women to share their hearts with you guys. 
The purpose being to encourage you all.
I can't keep quiet about these ladies you guys, they are such gems!! 
Beautiful inside and out. 
I look forward to hearing what each of them shares on this topic. 

I have asked them to share with you guys every week leading up to Christmas, so you too can be encouraged by them during this season of thankfulness and grace. May their stories point you to the one each of them loves! 

I am so blessed to be able to call these ladies friends. 
I find such encouragement in hearing how the Lord is working in their lives and working through them. 
I hope you too will find their stories and hearts to be a blessing with where you find yourself on your journey with the Lord. 

 Much Love as always!
 L



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Hello lovelies! My name is Alesha. I blog at Blessed to be a Blessing and I am so excited to be here today to share some encouragement with you.


Almost 3 months ago, my husband and I packed up everything that we could manage to squeeze into on little station wagon and drove from Olympia, Washington to Delray Beach, Florida.


Why?

Well, a year before, our former youth pastor and his wife had moved there to start a church, and after much prayer, we decided to move down to help them.


I come from a big family, that I love dearly. I'm a bit of a homebody, the oldest of six kids, and definitely an A-type personality. Everyone in the family assumed that I would be the one to stay close to home. I'm not the world-traveling wanna be. I'm not the super-ambitious, career oriented one. I am not the sports-superstar.


I'm just the oldest child whose biggest ambition in life has been to be a mom and housewife.

Well, I'm no longer the closest to home; in fact, I'm the farthest. I could give you story after story about how God has completely wrecked my plans and replaced them with His plans.

But ladies (and gents), although it hasn't been easy, it has been so worth it!


Every single wrecked plan for my life has been rewritten by God into a beautiful manuscript that I couldn't have written on my own. The biggest example of  this is how I met and married my husband. The beauty that has been brought into my life through my husband Travis is more than I could have asked for.


Be sure to head over and say hi! Comments are turned off here.

Pin It!