Image Map

Saturday 29 December 2012

Christmas Traditions: Stockings.


Since the girl behind the blog link ups, I have been thinking about Christmas traditions. 
Everyone has their own family traditions.
I love it! 
The past three Christmas celebrations since we got married have been spent with different groups of people. And one thing I have really enjoyed is seeing how each family does things differently on Christmas morning.
I'm so thankful for friends that let us be a part of their family for the day and allow us to intrude on their family traditions.
Especially since our own immediate families live on other continents. 
Although last year we did have both families in the states for Christmas, but that was not normal.

This year we did our stocking for each other first thing in the morning, hence the sleepy faces in that bottom right picture ;)


Our first married Christmas we waited until the afternoon/evening and spent some time alone opening stockings together. We were living with another family at the time.


Our Second Christmas found us hosting Christmas for my immediate family in our own home. 
So we had our first Christmas with me and my sis, A and my sis's fiance. Who became her husband in September (here).

So those have been our stocking traditions so far as a married couple. 

Some throwback Christmas fun may have found you looking at this.


And just in case you got to the bottom of my ramblings and wanted to know the history of the Christmas stocking (see here). 
Aren't you glad you read it all now ;)

Much Love!
L


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, yay I love this tradition. Stockings are my favorite part of Christmas!! :)

    Oh and I'm loving the new blog look! :)

    Much love, girl!

    ReplyDelete