Image Map

Sunday 16 December 2012

A Quick Note, A Heavy Heart.

This is me just leaving a quick note, without embellishments.
In light of the shooting which I'm sure all of you have heard about, I did not do a regular post on Friday.
My heart was simply very heavy for the families who are currently going through something I can't even begin to try and understand.
So instead of posting about a trivial thing, I made the decision not to post.

This morning our pastor preached a message on John chapter 19-20.
Where Peter and John find the tomb emptied after Christ has been crucified, 


'Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene came early to the tomb, while it was still dark, and saw the stone already taken away from the tomb. So she ran and came to Simon Peter and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, and said to them, “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.” So Peter and the other disciple went forth, and they were going to the tomb. The two were running together; and the other disciple ran ahead faster than Peter and came to the tomb first; and stooping and looking in, he saw the linen wrappings lying there; but he did not go in. And so Simon Peter also came, following him, and entered the tomb; and he saw the linen wrappings lying there, and the face-cloth which had been on His head, not lying with the linen wrappings, but rolled up in a place by itself. So the other disciple who had first come to the tomb then also entered, and he saw and believed. For as yet they did not understand the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead. So the disciples went away again to their own homes.'

{John 20:1-8, emphasis mine}


Our pastor pointed out that the disciples who came to the tomb saw and believed but did not understand. 
This sits with me in light of the shootings, that while I don't understand the purpose of why this has happened.
God is still in control. 
He still has a plan.
I choose to still believe that, even if I don't understand.

Please be in prayer for the many families affected by Friday's tragedy.


Much Love,
L


P.S. I will be away for the next few days with my hubby, seeking God and celebrating marriage.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment