Image Map

Monday 4 March 2013

Thoughts on Community here.


I've seen so many posts and conversations floating around about blogging schedules. I am your type-A personality kind of girl. I like things to have structure, I write to-do lists and feel completely satisfied when I go to bed at night having completed what I thought needed doing that day. I have a board with a general schedule of what to post each weekday and for a while I found myself in a routine. 
Then I felt a nudge to stop. To pull back a little and not post just because it was on my to-do list for the day. So things have been a little quieter here than usual. It came at a convenient time because we moved and I wanted to settle us in and work on a bunch of house projects. Then I started a workout program to get myself into a routine of taking care of my body. So things have been busy anyway.


Blogging continued to slip a little even after these things settled a little, and that was ok. Because I was really unsure about my whole schedule and wanted to take some time. When I did post because it was part of my schedule, that little nudge came back. A nudge to continue to pull back, to stay quieter and wait. To surrender my plan for what I thought this space should be. To listed to the Lord and what He was trying to say.


While taking a breather, I have been more involved in community here. Sending tweets and emails still continue and I several beautiful friendships have been forming. I feel my heart shifting to wanting to see that continue on this space. To grow in relationship with the people reading here, those who I can share thoughts and encourage, who can encourage me back. 
And if that means staying small in 'numbers' that's ok. I don't want to get caught by the train of how to grow a huge blog. 
I'm really feeling this space should be a community. A place where I can write a post about what the Lord has been teaching me and you guys are free to have a discussion over it in the comments section. Almost as though a group of us are hanging out somewhere fun (and hopefully warmer than here) just talking and sharing our hearts with one another. As though we were having lunch together, or a Girl's night, that I just happen to be hosting. I hope for these posts to become springboards for conversations, so that you can share what you relate to or what you don't. So we can just sit and talk :) 


So that said. I want you guys to write what's on your heart in the comments here. To feel free to respond to other people's comments too, so that we can encourage other another and share with each other to encourage and build up. No matter how silly or serious you think the thought is, share it! Lets not worry about what others think of us here friends! 
None of us has all the answers, especially me. So I want to hear your thoughts and encouragement for one another. 


In order to do so, I am redesigning the way comments work around here. So that replies can be seen by all and we can subscribe so we don't miss what others share. 


I'm super excited for this change! Its been on my heart a while to build our community friends. And I hope this will really help us do so. Let me know your thoughts anyway, how do you guys try to build community online or in real life? Try out the new comment box ;)


Much Love,
L


(Old comments are still slowly changing over so they are not currently appearing)





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment