Image Map

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Not Perfect.



As a dear friend and I sat on a Barnes and Noble floor and pondered many different topics, we talked about perception of blog identity. Of how we appear to others in the Blog world. How we are being perceived to those who read the thoughts we share. How we could be seen to put our best foot forward. We could be seem as though we have it all together. That we have perfected on thoughts on things before we write. 


So just let me clarify a few things.


Please don't ever think that I have it all together.
That I am perfect in any way.
I have nothing but Jesus.

Don't think that I have never cried out to the Lord from the pain of trials He has allowed in my life
(for my own good), crying for Him to remove a trial or struggle
because I can't bear it any more.
Even though I may write about having a focus on learning from struggles/trials and
how we can grow from them,
this is often written in hindsight.
After I have learned that difficult truth. 




Please don't think that because I chose to focus on joy in these situations
while writing in this area of Influence (my blog),
that I don't ever feel discouraged or discontent.
Focusing on being joyful is how I actually find joy in a lot of these situations.


I have joy because of Jesus.
I have hope because of Jesus.
I have faith because of Jesus.


I share these things because He changed my life. 
I am on an adventure learning how to love Him with all my heart, mind, soul, strength 
and how to love others through the overflow of His love for me.


I never want to do things to win His approval (I can't!)
but because He loves me and I want to love him in return.


So please friends, I never want you to feel that you can't email me or talk to me.
I never want to be unapproachable or to come across as judgmental.
That is not my heart at all!
I screw up badly just like everyone else.

I am far from perfect.

I say the wrong things, do the wrong things and 
step on the toes of others.

My goal is never for you ladies to think I am perfect.
But to know that I love Jesus.

And if you want to know more about Him.......

...Oh girl, email me! Cause I would love to tell you more! 



Much Love,
L

Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. love this SO much. it is hard trying to find an "identity". but why can't it just be in Him? this is such a powerful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I was pondering the same thing the other day. I completely agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get nervous that people will sense arrogance in my words. I pray often to God asking Him to get the glory and to do all the work and for Him to shine through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES
    and you're so stunningly beautiful.
    maybe it's because I can see Jesus in you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Post! Thanks for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I'd much rather learn from someone who is real and honest about their daily struggles. Enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for your post. It is a good reminder that our identity is in Christ and that should reflect in everything we do, particularly as bloggers for that is the field that He has given to us to spread His Goodness and Love. Thanks again, and many blessings to you always. I'm visiting from Weekend Whatever link up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SPEAK DAT TRUF.
    ^i clearly am having no trouble integrating back into the D.

    seriously, though: i love this, because i think we constantly need to be evaluating how we're coming across. i feel like i come across as a know-it-all. & i think i told you how i posted "my heart: the manifesto" and felt like i had had an epiphany for maybe half a day and then the next day i just felt normal again. i think we forget that being a Christian is all about pursuit. we have to chase Jesus. we have to pick up when it's hard. and we have to be honest and admit sometimes we start at square one, and we do that more often than we'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am soooooo right there with you, braveheart!
    I love this:)
    thanks for the peaceful stir,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just letting you know that I featured ya! Come grab your button!
    http://passionateandcreativehomemaking.blogspot.com/2012/09/beautiful-thursdays.html

    ReplyDelete