Image Map

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Valentine Blogging Party: Gift Exchange.

I apologize for being a little late to the party when it comes to linking up 
about this sweet exchange I participated in. 
I love things like this. Like the one I hosted last year with sweet Erin from SweetnessItself.
More on that soon ;)
So fun getting to know someone new and send them a sweet package to brighten their day.
I'm particularly a huge fan of these in the winter time.
Well for this Midwest girl who finds the winter blues tough anyway. 
So let me introduce you to the sweet friend I made through this exchange.


I had so much fun getting to know this sweet girl. In love with Paris, girly things, from the South.
What's not to love ;) Not to mention she had one of the prettiest outdoor vintage weddings I have seen (see here). Oh and she's pretty much the best DIY-er. I know I will be looking up tips from this sweet friend when I attempt a project in the next few weeks. 

You can Find Elyse in these places:

So you're probably wondering what this sweet girl sent me in my package.
She definitely read my personality pretty fast.


She sent me the sweetest card, chocolate bar and a Love Pin from Ten Thousand Villages.
The chocolate bar is not shown as it may have been somehow consumed before I got around to taking the pictures for the post. oops ;)
My heart for Africa is loving this gift from sweet Elyse.
More about the organisation behind the pin, from their website:

'OUR VISION

One day all artisans in the developing countries will earn a fair wage, be treated with dignity and respect and be able to live a life of quality.
OUR MISSION
Ten Thousand Villages' mission is to create opportunities for artisans in developing countries to earn income by bringing their products and stories to our markets through long-term fair trading relationships.
OUR NAME
The inspiration for our name—Ten Thousand Villages—came from a Mahatma Gandhi quote: "…India is not to be found in its few cities but in the 700,000 villages…we have hardly ever paused to inquire if these folks get sufficient to eat and clothe themselves with." To us, each village in the world represents a unique, distinctive people…offering extraordinary products born of their rich cultures and traditions.'



I can't wait to find a place for it on one of my bags or coats. 
Maybe it will be an awesome conversation starter or remind me to pray for Africa and more heart specific burdens, as I see the pin.

Thank you SO much sweet friend for being my valentine!
You are a gem!!

Much Love,
L


Photobucket

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Awe, you are welcome L! What fun this was:)
    Happy Valentine's Day.
    xoxo
    Elyse

    ReplyDelete