Image Map

Thursday 1 August 2013

Having a Presence. In Real Life.


I am going to stop apologizing for being absent here in this space. Every time I login I feel the need to say how sorry I am for not being here. But honestly, I'm not all that sorry. You see I have been making a choice for several months now. 
One that involves saying yes more. After reading this post by Casey Wiegand, this one by my sweet friend Brit and this one by sweet Nicole. All these beautiful ladies have voiced what I have been feeling the past few months and why being on here has just not fit in with the time I have available.


I have been saying yes more. To real life. To people the Lord has placed around me for the here and now. To those who I wanted to get to know more at our church but perhaps didn't have time because I was heading home to blog. To those trips we wanted to take and haven't been able to before. To time with my husband in the middle of our busy weeks. To the two precious babies who I care for during the week. I have been saying yes, to real life. 


Because one thing I have learned in my transitory life is that in a very short space of time, we could be living somewhere else and called to another place. And I don't want to miss the opportunities in this place. The times where I could be a part of the body of Christ physically. Part of a real life community with all its ups and downs, experiencing the messy parts together.
I love this online community, but I don't want it to replace my real life presence where the Lord has me. 


So I will (hopefully) stop apologizing. I will still be here in and out. Hopefully more than I have been lately. But for now....I am enjoying real life. Where God has placed me.
Experiencing family time with extended families which happens once a year or less.  


Much Love!
L
  

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. No need to apologize at all!! The Lord calls us where He calls us for a reason. Sometimes, He wants us to pour into this online ministry. Other times, He wants us to pour into the people around us. It is so evident and clear that He is using you in exactly what you are doing right now, so we rejoice in that with you!

    Love you sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's sometimes difficult to pull away from a space that is our outlet, but it's truly more important to be present in our life outside of blogging being able to say yes more, and being used where the Lord needs us physically, i totally agree.
    'I love this online community, but I don't want it to replace my real life presence where the Lord has me.' - you said it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this. and i've been the same way! i just wrote a post the other day "not" apologizing for being absent. sometimes we just need to focus on life that's right in front of us. and yes, this community is so important, but it will be there when we get back :) love this post sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post - and a wonderful reminder. It's encouraging to know that you're living life, not just writing about what once happened. God has given us such a precious gift - we better make the most of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. I am trying to find more blogger friends. I've recently moved from blogger due to some bashing and hate I've had for several months. I'm getting thru with the strength and faith in God. HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD.

    http://owlalwaysbeme.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I am going to stop apologizing for being absent here in this space. " <--- GIRL. This. This is proof of a life filled with trust in God. Amen. Be where He has placed you, and apologize no more. Proud of you. LOVE & MISS YOU. Darlinggg <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know my thoughts, no need to be sorry. i'm with you i love this online community but I love my real life community too. sometimes different seasons offer time to invest in both (with neither suffering) but then there are times that the real life community needs more time & attention & stepping back from here is okay. love you lady. (ps i totally just found a package that was suppose to be sent to you over a month ago under the passenger seat of my suv. blahhh!! lol oh my)

    ReplyDelete