Image Map

Sunday 11 August 2013

A Redeemed Bigger Picture.


Yesterday evening my sister and I had the opportunity to hang out and spend some time together painting at this paint class. It was really a ton of fun. 
It may not have been a great decision to go the evening we returned from vacation, hence the tired look haha! But I'm still super glad we went.


I wasn't very happy with the way my picture was turning out towards the end, it looked really messy and didn't seem to be looking the way I had hoped it would. But I kept on going and adding the layers of paint in hope that it would turn out in the end. 


Today while driving home from church I suddenly realised after listening to a sermon by our pastor how that painting related to part of what he was saying. How up close our lives can be a bit of a mess. So many things going on which we seem to mess up and not get right. We can keep going with this mess for a while and how God in His sovereignty can be using our mess for the good of His bigger picture. The messiness of the painting was like that, up close it was seeming like a total waste of a canvas to me, but how the mess combined began to build up a beautiful bigger picture. 
What humility there was in that today, to realise that our mess can be used by God. Not to say that we should just keep messing up all the time and know that it doesn't matter (because I don't believe that would be biblical), but to realise that it is God who makes things beautiful in the bigger picture. Not us in all our mess.
It is His bigger picture.


Just thought I would share this thought today.

Much Love!
L

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love this. And what an amazing, gracious God we serve--who uses even the most messy part of us for his glory and our good-- and whose Son has redeemed us, even in our messiness!

    Thank you for this thought, dear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! It was great to see you on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete