Image Map

Friday 21 March 2014

The Truth about Hope Spoken.



Its been eighteen months already since I went to my first blogging conference. So far its been the only blog conference I've been too, and it was a bumpy start. A lot of overwhelmed feelings, a bad wave of illness hit while I was there and just a lot to take in. It took me a good six months to begin processing a lot of things which came from that conference. I'm not sure that I ever fully shared all my thoughts on being in Indianapolis and things I learned. But it was amazing in that it broke me in a lot of waves, it pulled away layers of insecurities and sin in my life which needed to be dealt with. It was incredible, even if I didn't think it at the time. 


So I had the opportunity literally paved by the Lord for me to attend Hope Spoken this year. I shared previously on some thoughts on why I felt after much prayerful consideration that this was just clearly the conference I should attend this year. Even though it was painful to watch everyone head there when the Lord had clearly said no. And He still floored me with His grace as I felt as though I was there in a way anyway.
Financially this time for Hope Spoken, He just provided from roommates, to rides, to a sweet girl selling her conference ticket, just all those little insignificant details just fell into place and I feel so at peace about going to Dallas. Quite different already as I was a nervous wreck about Influence right before going.  


So I guess this is me just being honest. I'm a little scared about heading to a place full of women I don't know yet. But also I trust Him who has led me to this point, and I can't wait to see several amazing women who I have met previously and those I haven't but who have blessed me ridiculously through this online community already. Several of them I have waited years to finally meet & I couldn't be more thrilled! 


So I want to take a moment and introduce you to the amazing ladies that are my roomies. Given how the Lord has worked out all the details for this trip so far, I can't believe these incredible women He has handpicked to speak into my life over the weekend.
I am excited! Because they are awesome! 








Small Tip: If there is one thing I learned from my mistakes last time, its that it is a good idea to head over to the linkup and make an effort to get to know people who are going beforehand. It makes connecting so much more impactful & may even help with feeling overwhelmed about not knowing anyone. So I am totally all over that this week. 


Now I just hope that my new bag & business cards arrive in time. Eeeek! 


Pin It!

2 comments: