Image Map

Thursday 4 July 2013

British Family Celebrating the 4th. Say What?


Happy 4th July friends! 
I will admit that I like this holiday as it is a wonderful reminder of thankfulness.
This year we have so much to be thankful for. It has been a rough year so far, lots of changes good and bad.
Lots of hurt, laughter and growth.
And this Independence Day, I am thankful I get to spend time with my entire immediate family.
In true Third Culture Kid style we are a British family celebrating time together on American Independence Day? Anyone else find that a little amusing?
But there are Americans in our family now (and the rest of us really aren't that patriotic lol), which will ever increase in number as the years go by I am sure.
So I am thankful to be spending time with family, thankful to be all together in the same country and thankful for the opportunity to live in this country. 
(That alone was no small feat.)

Growing up, the country I lived in was always most like my home country.
So for today, I am happy to live here and Celebrate the birthday of the USA.
I am thankful for the ever-increasing number of memories which are being made here.

How are you celebrating friends?

Much Love!
L







Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. So glad for you that you get to spend it with your family! :) what a blessing!! How long are they in the states for? Have a blessed day and time! Hoping & praying the rest of the year is a better one! I hear ya on that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet :) Glad you got to celebrate with your family!! And praying that the Lord pours out blessings on the remainder of your year, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete