Image Map

Thursday 19 December 2013

//When the Dream Flops//


I do realise it is no longer October, but in fact December. I am aware that this little series is supposed to be over as it was a 31 day series. However, friends this topic became close to my heart. An exploration if you like of figuring out the mess, or life in general. Finding purpose in what was going on behind the scenes. 


So the Lord has continued to speak into my heart on this topic. So I am checking in again with the final post I wrote as my thoughts were wrapping up, and it got left in a notebook once again and thrown into my bag never to be seen again until now


He totally orchestrated the timing of so many amazing things which could have been only the Holy Spirit wanting to speak to my messy soul. By encouraging me to seek what His plan could be for anyone's life really and also what that would mean to me personally. While no-one else may ever have read any of the content, it was so healing to write as I found truth so that I could look back on it and read what He was speaking into my life. To see how He had orchestrated little things to all line up, like receiving a book by one of my favorite authors to arrive on the day I started this journey. That book was full of truth and wonderful reminders of my worth and value coming from the Lord alone. So these are my final thoughts on what happens if you chase that dream and the dream flops?


Well quite simply, it isn't our job to make anyone receive something in a certain way. Whether our dream is to write and no-one reads what we wrote, or to paint and no-one wants to buy our artwork, or make music and no-one cares to listen. It is not our job to convince people they need to appreciate our gifts or fight for attention we feel our art deserves, it is just our job to offer it. (Emily Freeman, A Million Little Ways) 


Our job is to just offer our gifts and talents regardless of the outcome. 


Isn't that kind of freeing in a way? Knowing that we don't control whether a dream works out or not. Because that isn't the point of offering the dream and trying to chase it providing it is in line with scripture. The point is to bring glory to God through whatever we do. And the rest is up to Him. We bring the simple offering, God does the miracle. 


Sometimes that might be above and beyond what we thought could possibly come from our dream. Other times it might still be for our good, but the dream may never happen for a reason unknown to us currently. 


'Now to the one who can do infinitely more than all we can ask or imagine according to the power that is working among us.'
(Ephesians 3:20)


 'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.'
(Romans 8:28)


So in this current season of chasing a couple of dreams I have had for quite some time now, I am holding them loosely. Trusting that God just expects me to offer them up to Him and trust Him with the outcome. Knowing that whatever happens, He has my best interests in mind.


Have you ever chased a dream that you never saw any fruit from?

AllGloriousWithin
This post is still part of my 31 day series for the month of October, 
fighting through the fears and sharing the confusing passions I have. 
Hoping to figure out the bigger picture of all these interests.
(I added several extra days to finish sharing truth I found along the way!)

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, just lovely. I'm resting in the truth that I give, and He does. Thank you so much for sharing this with me, it is EXACTLY what I needed to hear. Beautiul.

    Found you from The Wiegands, and I'm sure glad I did. Headed to look around :) ~Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jenna, I am so thankful the Lord worked in bringing you the words you needed =) He is so good like that =) I will have to head over and look at your blog! I love finding sweet friends through Casey's linkup =) Much Love!! =)

      Delete