Image Map

Thursday 5 December 2013

I'm already a dancer.


As I was scrolling through YouTube last night, I found myself watching hilarious videos, sentimental videos and just enjoying how beautiful life can be at times. I then watched a video where a chat show host had a little 3 year old girl who can dance (better than I could ever hope to - I might add) on her show. She asked the girl if she hoped to be a dancer when she grew up. The little girl looked puzzled and just simply said, I'm already a dancer. 


And right there it struck me. 


How often I am not childlike in using my gifts and talents. How I find any excuse to not call myself a photographer or an artist or a writer. Am I alone in this? 
I keep thinking well if I just get to this level, then I can call myself that. Or thinking that perhaps I need to be the best at something to have truly arrived, to truly be able to say that the Lord is using that gift in my life.


And that's so silly.     


Because the Lord uses our gifts in our brokenness. And praise Him for that. Because for most of us, we will never be the best at anything. And that's ok, because it shouldn't be our goal to aim to be the best. To compare our gifts to the gifts of others. We have all been given a different mix of talents. So we can't possibly expect to measure up to anyone else. 

We are just called to use our gifts to bring Him glory, to show others Him. If we are doing that, then we are totally an artist. Even if the art gallery never amounts to more than artwork on our own fridge. Our call is to faithful obedience, and the Giver takes care of the rest. So be encouraged if you feel you aren't getting results you are looking for, those aren't for us to worry about, just keeping doing whatever you have been gifted or called to. And if you have been blessed with a gifting, Praise God for using you! What grace that is! 


Trust the giver that He has a perfect beautiful plan for you even if you can't see it. And don't be discouraged friend! Keep shining for Him! 


With Love from the photographer. 


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. So inspiring! Beautiful post, L! I know what you mean...and I'm so happy you posted this! You sort of just explained something so complicated that should be so simple to me. :)
    Tane ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tane! =) Aww yay! I'm so glad someone else needed the same words as me today! =) Much Love!!

      Delete
  2. so true sweet L! i need to remember this always! thanks for such an inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh same here friend! =) So we can remember it together =) Much Love!

      Delete
  3. This was perfect for today! Thanks, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad Hannah! =) Such the Lord when that happens! =)
      Much Love friend!

      Delete
  4. This is such a beautiful post, L. Love it, and love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet girl! =) Love you too! =)

      Delete