Image Map

Monday 8 April 2013

Unexpected Love.


This isn't my normal kind of post. I generally share things I am learning in my walk with the Lord to encourage here. But often many of the places I find encouragement, are through good books. So when I found an opportunity to review books to share with you guys, obviously I couldn't resist =) 

The book I reviewed this month was Unexpected Love by Julie Zine Coleman. 
I won't tell you that it was the kind of book that changed my whole outlook on life. It didn't leave a huge lasting impression on me. However I did like the different chapters focusing on various women in the bible and how the Lord related to each of them.
I particularly loved the biblical accuracy and scripture used throughout by the author. You can tell each of the different characters have been well researched and care has been taken when interpreting scripture.
I loved that about this book. 

The different chapter focuses also made it an easy book to pick up and then put down again.
But equally made it hard to read through quickly as I would read about one woman,
then put the book down and forget about it. No ongoing story to draw me in.
So it was a very slow read for me. I do prefer fiction in general as I am drawn in by the characters.
But as far as non-fiction books go, it did have some good points. 

I would recommend it as a lighter read through scripture and clear insight into the relationship between God and women in general.

Any of you guys read it? I would love to hear your thoughts.
Are you more into fiction or non-fiction?

Much Love!
L



I review for BookSneeze®




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment