Image Map

Monday 1 April 2013

Mocha Club: Purpose Project Launch!!


The Goal: Raise $750 for orphan projects ongoing in Ghana, Kenya and Zimbabwe 
(This will provide care for 3 orphans for a year) 
My Project:  Once the money is raised, I will be running a 5K race aiming to beat my high school record of 26mins. 
(I have started training!)



I have been SO excited to share some news with you guys.
This month (April), I am partnering with the Mocha Club to raise money for their orphan care projects as part of a Purpose Project. I'm SO excited you guys!! 

The past year or so, the Lord has really been giving me a passion for Africa and orphans (specifically in Africa) and have just felt stirred by Him to partner with the Mocha Club to raise money for their orphan care projects.

I shared on a friend's blog here how the Lord worked out details for me to head to Africa after high school which was so not a plan I had for myself. 
Read more here and here.
I had not figured out why He had me there until recently, when I felt my heart stirred again for East Africa and orphans. 

So when I heard about the Mocha Club and their purpose projects, I felt a nudge to participate and do something to raise money for something that I am passionate about. Something that would touch the lives of others. 
A way to work together to provide for the least among us. To make a difference.
To be obedient to God's calling.  




How can You help?

If you want to partner with me financially, you can find a link to donate securely through the Mocha Club website directly here

Better still, you can be in prayer for this project and the ongoing orphan projects being run by the Mocha Club that the Lord would continue to be at work in the lives of the children.

I would also love it if you would share about this project through social media! 
Please tweet or post to fb so that others who have a heart for Africa and Orphan care may hear about this project!  





Verses related to the project:


“And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters,you were doing it to me!’
Matthew 25:40


'She extends her hand to the poor,
Yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy.'
Proverbs 31:20  



'Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.'
James 1:27





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment