Image Map

Thursday 26 January 2012

'Two Hearts In Love' Thursdays. [Sisters]

It's here!!!!!!
The brand new series is all about wedding planning.
I have so many inspiring pictures and projects related to weddings, 
I couldn't resist sharing them with you all.

For my first share on weddings, 
I would love to share this picture.
Because although I have planned my own wedding, my sister is now the sweet one planning hers.
This photo is just precious.
What a cute picture of two sisters at one of their weddings.

One of the sweetest pictures I have ever seen.

The subject of sisters in weddings automatically makes me think of the Maid of Honor.
For my own wedding, I did have my sister as my Maid of Honor.
But that doesn't have to be the case.
I felt my sister was dear to me & had known me the longest.
I wanted her to be recognized on my wedding day.
There are so many topics within wedding planning around Maid of Honors.

{Image property of E.Girdlestone}

What I did, in order for my sister to stand out, was to have her in the same dress as all the other bridesmaids but her dress was in a different color.
Or rather different shade of pink.


Your Maid of Honor should be a girl dear to you, who understands you.
My Maid of Honor & our Best man were such a huge blessing to me leading up to our wedding.
My groom was still finishing up school, so he didn't get into town until 24hrs before we got married.
Since I didn't live in the place we were getting married either, 
I flew in about 10 days before we got married myself.
(Perhaps more on our story at a later point)
So you can imagine what a relief it was to have two awesome people helping me out.

The choice can be difficult when choosing a Maid of Honor though.
It can be a delicate issue at times in order to avoid hurting feelings or making your friends feel uncomfortable.
Choosing the ladies to stand up there with me was possibly one of the hardest decisions I had to make during the whole process.

How did you guys choose? Or how do you plan/think you should choose?

Much Love,
L


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. choosing bridesmaids WAS hard! I would advise any bride to choose as many as you want, and not leave anyone out because of numbers. Who cares if there are more on the girl's side than the guys! I wish I hadn't cared about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree completely! They really don't have to be even. It also really doesnt matter how big your wedding party is! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i adore this post :) so beautiful! i'm sure that choosing bridesmaids is such a hard decision. i love that first picture of the sisters and think it is one of the sweetest i have EVER seen! :)

    ReplyDelete